Quick question. Are replacement phones thru the warranty exchange on TMobile new or refurbished? Thanks!... BlackBerry Curve forum

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2

Replacement TMobile Blackberry 8900

Advertisement

Quick question.

Are replacement phones thru the warranty exchange on TMobile new or refurbished?

Thanks!

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    All 4 of the 8320's I got were refurbs. This is all in a 14 month span (Don't ask). I love TMO and 9700!!!!!!! The older the phone the more likely a refurb.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've had 3 8100's (2 were replacements) and 2 8120's (1 was a replacement) in the same amout of time as blu. All 3 replacements were refurbished. The original 8120 was purchased in store and the original 8100 was an upgrade from the 7105t.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm on my 4th 8900! The first replacement was within 30 days, was new and required an extension of my contract. The next two were within the first year and were refurbs.

pearly8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The reason I asked is that I heard that they were indeed refurbished and for that reason the replacement has a higher chance of failing again. It looks like that is the typical scenario here....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    I'm on my 4th 8900! The first replacement was within 30 days, was new and required an extension of my contract. The next two were within the first year and were refurbs.
    They required a contract extension on a replacement device? That doesn't seem right.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    They required a contract extension on a replacement device? That doesn't seem right.
    I sure argued the contract extension with them, but they insisted because I was getting a new phone...

The problem I had was random reboots with every phone. Last time I called 611, the tech sent me a new battery. I haven't had a random reboot since.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Just had my 8900 replaced with T-Mo and was refurb. unit.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post

why would they need an extension when you are getting a replacement phone, is not like you asked for the phone to be defective!

I would call them back! pronto! my sister just called them 2 days ago and she is getting her 8900 replaced and no extension was asked, that is the first time i hear of such a thing
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)