So my 8330 suffered water damage and I just got the replacement in the mail ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bsubenvis no está en línea Stack level 2

Replacement phone...

Advertisement

So my 8330 suffered water damage and I just got the replacement in the mail today. The only thing that was wrong with the water damaged one was that the buttons stopped working.

My question is this....

If I backup my old phone using desktop manager will I be able to put all that stuff on the replacement? I am worried about apps I purchased and themes. Also will I be able to use my blackberry email that is connected with the old phone?

Any other tips in terms of making this phone just like my last phone will be greatly appreciated!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If the desktop manager will recognize your old 8330 then use the switch device wizard to transfer everything from your old BB to your new one. It will transfer everything including settings, messages, apps...all of it. The only thing is that some of your 3rd party apps may not work with the new PIN. You may need to contact the developers and request a new regstration key code.

Also yes you can switch your email to the new device and keep your old address. Just go to the email setup icon on your blackberry or log in to your BIS account via PC and go to Change Device and update your PIN and ESN/MEID
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    The same happend to my 8330. As long as you do not have the the device password protected/encrypted the device manager should be able to xfer most of the content, like Aztar stated a few apps may require contacting the vendor. If that doesn't work try installing the last backup from your old berry. All of the settings,saved address book, pretty much everything but the apps will xfer to the new one. Pain in the rear. Good Luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bsubenvis no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks guys...it went pretty smoothly. As always Pinstack is the #1 site for all things smartphone!

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Make sure to check and recheck you email accounts to make sure they are working with your pin and IMEI number. It gets very frustrating trust me, I have been there. Do a hard battery pull too(while the phone is on pull the battery and leave it iut for 2 minutes).
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsubenvis View Post
    Thanks guys...it went pretty smoothly.
    Glad it went well for you!

As always Pinstack is the #1 site for all things smartphone!
    I may be biased, but I agree
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4