Hi, I am trying to replace the midplate on my 8320. I don't want to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

buckfifty no está en línea Stack level 1

Replacement Internal Antenna?

Hi, I am trying to replace the midplate on my 8320. I don't want to run the risk of trying to potentially tearing the antenna so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that sells it.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB ( has the mid plate. If u aren't comfortable doing it. You can try sending it into

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been looking everywhere and I can't find those antennas anywhere either. I need one,too. All the demo vids I've seen show a flat edge screwdriver prying out the antenna cover from the back, and if you look closely at the vids, it kinda looks like the antenna gets damaged by one of the tabs on the antenna cover getting caught on it, and that's exactly how I screwed up mine. I've had much better luck since then by scrapping that method entirely. Instead of a flat edge screwdriver prying from the back, it is much easier to use that plastic tool for removing the faceplate to pry the antenna cover off from the front. Just carefully work it in along the top on either the left or the right and prop up one tab then slide it over to the other side and prop up the other tab. Once they're both propped up a little tug at the center with your fingertips will pop it right off. You do have to watch that it doesn't get caught on the base of the microphone boot, but the antenna stays intact. Doing it this way has worked much better for me. Back to the point though, short of getting a bricked phone on ebay and harvesting the antenna sticker that way, the BBrepair shop would probably be glad to do it for you- just be prepared to pay- they still charge $50+ for a new trackball... ouch.... ~via BB (