I've just bought a Curve. I've been using Palm OS devices for years and hate ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lhhesscpa no está en línea Stack level 1

Replacement for built-in Calendar & Address Book

Advertisement

I've just bought a Curve. I've been using Palm OS devices for years and hate to give up the flexibility and utility of DateBk5 & TAKEphONE. Are there 3rd-party apps. for BB that are more capable than the the built-in Calendar & Address Book?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to PinStack

What options are you looking for ?

The Calendar and Address book can directly sync with Outlook which gives tons of options.

Post what your looking for so we can better assist you with a 3rd party software or evn direct you to how you can perform those functions on your BB.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Yes, I sync to Outlook

I'm hoping someone using a BB will have used and liked DateBk5 or -6 and TAKEphONE on a Palm device. They will appreciate the amount and organization of information on the smartphone/PDA screen. Yes I am syncing with Outlook. But that doesn't change what I'm seeing on the BB screen.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Understood....but for us NON users of those program can you state what your looking for so we can try and recommend a program. I have never seen those apps so its hard for me to recommend other APPS that will do the same thing as those if I dont know how they worked and what options it gave the user.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

RickLM2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am an unconditional of DATEBOOK6 ... But I had to switch to BB.... The best I could find that is the closest to DB6 is Pocket Informant... Kind of slow but they are promising to fix very soon.. do a Google on "Pocket Informant"... PinStack does not allow me to post any link..

Good luck! You will be a bit frustrated with the slow speed... Nothing compares to Datebook6...I went through a lot to get it to work OK on my Curve 8330... I will keep a look at this thread so if you need help I will gladly help you.
    Richard

Pocket Informant

I will try it. Did you try Agendus? I recognize the name from the Palm world, although I never tried it in any of my Palms.

I looked it up but I finally decided to go Pocket Informant... I tell you.. You'll have to spend quite a bit of time on it to get it to work somewhat close to DB6.. Be patient
    Tip: Unclick all options to scroll to the next day, week or month... And do not try to advance more than 2 months... It will freeze on you... Until they get it to sync directly with Outlook this is what we will have to live with...
    How big is your database in Outlook Calendar? Mine was 1699 events... Since PI does not 'jump to' (it goes through the whole thing one by one) it is very slow.
    I copied my Outlook Calendar to a file and delted everything but 90 back. Now it works. I will use my entire Calendar only when PI syncs with Outlook in a future update...

I have just over 2000 events. When I read about PI on their website I began to be concerned about their caveats concerning syncing with Outlook. I do like the fact that they use the native BB database. I think that's been one reason that DB6 & TAKEphONE have survived so long and been so popular.

Not sure that BB calendar is as good as Palm calendar for 3rd parties... BB calendar is very basic and lacks a lot of options...

If you try other Calendar apps and you are satisfied... Make sure you tell me...
    Also, CESD (Pimlico) is coming up with [PIMLICAL], and it will soon be available for BB. Check it up on the Pimlico website... Tell me what you think...

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    I'm curious what options you are looking for in a calendar?

You can color code events in the bb calendar. I looked at PI and agendus and stayed with the bb calendar.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    You won't find anything comparable to DateBk yet.

The unfortunate demise of Palm market share seems to have one advantage: the host of developers are moving over to the platforms they once ignored.

Iambic (Agendus) is one. The BB port is a bit different than the Palm port, however.

Pimlico seems to be at work too.

I use a dual combination of Google Calendar/Google Sync and RTM Web/RTMBB to fill my PIM needs.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am trying Pocket Informant and like it. Well, all but the way it must first sync to its own database and then to Outlook. That sync takes over the device for an uncomfortable time.

My main use of the PIM is managing my schedule. I would like to be able to enter an event while I'm talking on the phone; but, getting to the calendar app or PI is awkward. It would be much more convenient if I could have PI listed on the BB menu. Is there a way of doing this?