Hello all. First time posting in the stacks. I got a new T-Mo 8320 on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AtlantaBlue no está en línea Stack level 1

Replacement BB Issues (HELP!)

Advertisement

Hello all. First time posting in the stacks. I got a new T-Mo 8320 on 3 Mar 08 (2 days after T-Mo offerred unlimited voice svc.) A week ago, I received a replacement unit because of a multitude of problems it was having. Since firing up my new one, I've noticed that one of the issues that plagued my original 8320 is still present. When I dial 911, the call connects to my local E-911 center. After the call, the phone turns into a brick. It will not allow any more incoming or outgoing calls at all (even to call 911 back) and displays "Call Failed" after each attempt to make an outgoing call until I remove the battery and reboot. When I call 911, its an emergency but then if say I needed to call someone else quickly (like AAA) it will not go through. Has anyone else experienced such an issue? Is this normal? My last phone (Nokia) would go into "emergency call" mode and then I would have to exit that mode manually, but never had to remove the battery to make another call.

On another note, the camera on the replacement phone has terrible quality, not at all like the original. Pics are blurry and greyed out.

Lastly, I have a Plantronics 665 BT headset. From time to time, the HS will disconnect and reconnect over and over again (really annoying) until I turn the HS off or disable BT. After reenabling BT or turning on the HS it will stay connected until it just decides to go FUBAR again. I returned the HS for a new one when I got the replacement phone and the new HS does the same thing. The 665 is an identical model to one sold by RIM (Blackberry Branded) and they were no help at all on troubleshooting.

Should I call T-Mo and have them replace this BB 8320 too?

Your advice is appreciated, I'm new at this, so thanks in advance.

D.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ive been having the same problem with my 8320 it just decides to restart itself whenever it wants around 15 times a day I called T-Mobile and they are sending me a new device

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Have not heard this one before. Could be a T-mo provider issue...I'll bump this to see if anyone else will help.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i've had my 8320 since it came out..second day actually...and have not had any issues with it what-so-ever...also to reset a qwerty BB all you need to do is hold alt+right shift+delete and it will reboot as if you pulled the batt...as for your 911 issue i've yet to have the need to use 911 so i can't help you there...best advice would be to call CS...about the headset...i suggest the new jawbone which i've not heard issues about

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dont think we needed to know how to reset our BB they are doing it by themselves lol