I have just had my 2nd phone replaced under warrenty. I received the new one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jameswise1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Replaced 8300, Can't load apps or media

Advertisement

I have just had my 2nd phone replaced under warrenty. I received the new one and connected it to my laptop to load my themes and media, but Media Manager does not see the device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the complete package and also individually and still the same. I am using the new version of desktop software. Does anybody have a clue that could help me ??? I am about had it and the Bold won't be out on AT&T until mid-August so I need the 8300 to work at least until then!!!!

Thanks,

James

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. Did they give you a refurbished phone or a brand new one as your replacement?

2. When you plug it into your computer does the Desktop Manager itself connect to the device?

3. What version of the DM do you have? 4.5? I was using this and it had so many problems with the media player that I went back to 4.3 and it worked great. 4.5 seems to have too many bugs and problems (at least for me). Maybe if you downgrade back to 4.3 (if you're running 4.5) it will solve this.

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    james are you saying that when you plug in your BB...it does not recognize your BB is plugged in whatsoever??? also, 4.5 doesn't work like other DM's... it doesnt always prompt you to upgrade...just select the app loader...and step your way through it...