My 8900 trackball never worked efficiently. I ordered a new trackball from follow link: http://www.dealsishop.com/curve8900.html ... BlackBerry Curve forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Smile Repairing 8900 trackball

Advertisement

My 8900 trackball never worked efficiently. I ordered a new trackball from follow link: http://www.dealsishop.com/curve8900.html
    Replaced it today and now it is working the way it should be when coming from the factory. I ordered the OEM Google G1 / Black Blackberry Curve 8300 8900 9000 Trackball. Its feels more rugged compared to the standard. I think that is the problem with the 8900 trackball vs the 8300 series, it is too smooth.
    Also here is link for how to replace trackball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwvqFm8HbQ
    Any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Regards

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I actually like my 8900 trackball over the 8320 one. I think its just trackballs in general that are unreliable which is why RIM now went trackpad.

Thanks for the info.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    I actually like my 8900 trackball over the 8320 one. I think its just trackballs in general that are unreliable which is why RIM now went trackpad.

Thanks for the info.

Probably so, I like the one on my 8900 better, but cant wait for the trackpad!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I got to say I can't prefer the standard trackball above this one. In the past too scroll three down, I scroll five down, four up, one down and maybe I get to the correct icon. Now it is something of the past.

evo8coop no está en línea Stack level 3
    so u didnt order the oem one correct?

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post

Thanks for the info.
    I am currently trying to get a 9700. I agree the tracball on the 8900 was worse than the 8100. (the only two bb I've owned) I am looking to get away from the tracball. The 8900 is a really bad design. I would rather take the engine out of my car than have to void the warranty to replace the 8900. If I do decide to keep the 8900 I am going to try this different tracball.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early