I remember having the ability to remove extra sruff from the os's of the 87xx ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Removing extras from Curve Os

Advertisement

I remember having the ability to remove extra sruff from the os's of the 87xx and the pearl. Has anyone succesfully removed stuff like the language files and the IM files? I downgraded my software back to .180 and removed the language files and such but I bricked my phone. Got it working of course.

PBSG no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Removing extras from Curve Os

You can do it with Application Loader, in Advanced mode

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Do what I did, I installed the latest OS on my computer for my 8320. Then under the Java folder of the install I deleted all the language cod files (_it.cod , _sp.cod) and the dynamic_ling language files too, except the english ones of course. I also deleted the preloaded ringtones and pictures from the folder too. The ringtones is something like tunebundle and the pictures is under the net_rim_bb_media and also any themes that you do not use, for example net_rim_theme I deleted all the ones that had 100,121 and so on and just kept the zen, and today theme since I don't like the icon theme. When all of these files are deleted. Wipe your device with java loader and then reinstall your newly modified OS so that it will not be so bulky. The wiping and reinstalling makes sure that the file's names don't show up on the device as when you just upgrade. When I upgraded it left the names of the preloaded ringtones but their size were zero. Reinstallation just gives it a cleaner look. Your done. Good luck. As always, you do this moficiation at your own risk.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Good looks on that. Will do so today.

Thanks!

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

How do you get to the Java folder?

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

can u delete stock alarm and the setup wizard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

To my knowledge you can't delete the stock alarm and setup wizard but there might be cod files for them but be careful and just keep the files in the recycle bin so you can restore them if necessary. Again, experiment at your own risk.

The Java folder should be in program folder/common files/research in motion/ I don't remember the rest.

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

the best thing to do is to delete cod files one by one using javaloader -u erase -f function. Be very careful, delete only files you think are not going to disrupt function.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Deleting and wiping is close to what I did the first time. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a back up, remove the files and reinstall. Few megs of memory isn't worth all that trouble right now. I will give it some thought though. Thanks.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

i deleted all the fonts off the OS and i don't know which files are there? Does anyone know which files are these so i can reinstall them. Thank You Alot my fellow PinStackers! Thank You in Advance.