Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by wassona ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Okay you can't close the program or remove ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wassona
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Okay you can't close the program or remove it from the switch app. Its just one of the programs that they wanted to be available all the time. What I did is going to freak you out but its okay.

On your windows machine you need to find the folder where desktop manager keeps its loader files. In there you will find a folder called java. In the java folder are all the application files that get loaded to the phone. Find the files labeled _ptt and move those files to a safe location. Plug the phone back in and open desktop manager and click on app loader. It should check through the phone and are that you have a program that your not supposed to and remove it. When you reboot the phone you will see that ptt is gone from both the switch app and the loaded programs.

I think the java folder is in program files, common, RIM, shared, loader, os version, java.
    Thanks for the solution, now we just need at&t to add the os to their site for downloading. Not sure I want to mess w/ the O2 os yet.

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: Remove Push to Talk from Switch Application

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Have you installed the Curve OS download file on your PC? The java folder won't be there until you do.
    If so, what OS version did you download and from what vendor.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well no wonder... I didn't realize I had to have that. Ok when AT&T puts that out for download I will need someone to hold my hand cause I have to get rid of that darn thing!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarbutt
    Well no wonder... I didn't realize I had to have that. Ok when AT&T puts that out for download I will need someone to hold my hand cause I have to get rid of that darn thing!
    From the looks of it this thread right here may do just that for you.

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I have never installed the OS dowload file for any device, is it pretty easy? Does it cause any issues with the desktop manager or anything?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It's not hard, and that's one of the purposes of Desktop Manager, but installing an os from another carrier may, not always but may cause problems in obtaining support from your carrier if needed and may upset you BES Admin. It will require an Enterprise Activation after completion. Getting rid of the PTT will require reloading the OS, so you are going to have to contact your Admin. Is there an IT Policy on your Curve?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Yes there is but I have access to the BES server to remove/readd myself and/or set an activation password to do the Enterprise Activation so I am not worried about that. Now I do use my home computer and my work PC to sync (load apps and such). I like the redirector at work to keep corporate emails from being delivered to the device when I am at my computer and the desktop manager at home to download things because most sites (games and such) are blocked at the office. So would I have to do the same thing on both machines so it doesn't override?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That's fine, I didn't know what access you had, and wanted you to be aware of the possible problems. If you control the server there is no problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

If you don't have the os installed on your machine and you have javaloader.exe, run a cmd prompt and type [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]"javaloader.exe -u dir > dir.txt." Then go to the directory where javaloader is located and open the txt file and find all the modules with ptt in them. For each one, from the cmd prompt type javaloader.exe -u erase [file].cod. Where [file] = the name of the module.

[/FONT]

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    That's fine, I didn't know what access you had, and wanted you to be aware of the possible problems. If you control the server there is no problem.

Rcbjr.
    I appreciate it very much!!! While my company seems to think I know a lot about this stuff I am really just learning. Long story short they just recently gave me the BES admin role . That's why I joined here!!! We have a self managed gadget policy so we have a ton of different devices in our environment. Basically all we support for them is the enterprise activation and best effort on everything else before referring to them to thier provider.

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Just in case anyone else searches this thread it worked and the only problem I had was I had to reload my RSA Soft Token SecurID software. Enterprise activation and everything was fine.

Here is what I did:

- Did a backup (didn't need it but do it just in case ;-)
    - Downloaded the OS AT&T downloads
    - Went to the folder where the files were put on my C drive
    - Did a search for anything that has PTT in it and cut them and pasted them in another location

PS: I read this from an orginal post and this was not my genius work it is someone elses. I also read you can do this with VAD (Voice Activated Dialing).

Hope this helps!!

rickmonroe no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Remove Push to Talk from Switch Application

This is an extension of the topic -

Is there a way to control what applications are shown when you select Switch Application?

Or are these simply applications that haven't been closed?

And... has anybody found problems with having a number of apps open?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Switch Applications show only items that are not closed, i.e. active applications. The way to control them is to make sure they are closed. There are some that are normally active, otherwise that don't work This include the Phone App, Browser, Message App, Home Screen and Messenger. Other apps that require constant connection will also be active unless they are specifically closed (Thing IM apps). The more apps you have open the more sluggish your bb can, and I emphasize the can, get. It's not guaranteed.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

it will detail any apps that are open or running at the time you initiate the App Switcher....

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rickmonroe no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies about the application switcher.

rdlarsen no está en línea Stack level 1

I am trying to delete Push to Talk on my BlackBerry Curve. I have followed all guidance I can find in Pinstack and nothing works. I'm wondering if it is because I have a newer version of the OS (just purchased phone in January). Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast