Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Oh Happy day! - no more PTT!!! what a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

naynay67 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Oh Happy day! - no more PTT!!! what a colossal waste of space that program is!

th0575 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245BA541
    will this method work with the 8100 pearl
    NOTHING IS TO DIFFICULT AND NOT TRYING IS THE ONLY FAILURE!

ALWAYS WATCHING!

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Ok super simplified

1. Follow this path:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35(this is your OS version) Your should be 4.2.2.176 or something like that.

2. Open up the Platform.alx file with notepad or wordpad

3. Hit CTRL+F and type ptt and click find
    FIND this line:
    <fileset pttApp="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="100">
    <files>

4. Change the
    _vendorID to 100 like mine says, yours should say 102

5. Save and Open up DM and plug in your BB. It should prompt you to update if done right.
    OK, heres my problem. I am running 4.3 desktop. When I follow the specified path, I get this far... C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared...
    There is no "Loader" file. There is an Apploader file, however, nothing in the file appears to be what I am looking for. The folders I have are Apploader, BBBI Drivers, Modem drivers, USB drivers, and RIM DM. Am I missing something or just completely lost? I hate PTT and i hate trying to get rid of it even more. Help please.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor View Post
    OK, heres my problem. I am running 4.3 desktop. When I follow the specified path, I get this far... C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared...
    There is no "Loader" file. There is an Apploader file, however, nothing in the file appears to be what I am looking for. The folders I have are Apploader, BBBI Drivers, Modem drivers, USB drivers, and RIM DM. Am I missing something or just completely lost? I hate PTT and i hate trying to get rid of it even more. Help please.
    if you do not have the loader files folder, then the device OS isn't installed on your machine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so the dm is not all I need on the pc. Thanks. I'll get started figuring that out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by lalctaylor View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so the dm is not all I need on the pc. Thanks. I'll get started figuring that out.
    yep, you are 100% correct.

the OS can be found on your carrier site. they both have to be installed on the PC to be able to install apps using DM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have been able to add apps in the dm like games. Is this something different?

Shocking that Cherrichiodo would be right again. Got home from church, took half an hour start to finish. Thank you again for your help. You gals and guys are extremely helpful. It's no wonder I find myself on this site all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123