Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

One last thing, the handheld software on the at&t site, what's the TM stand for?... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    Blkr da Berry's Avatar
    Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Advertisement



    One last thing, the handheld software on the at&t site, what's the TM stand for?

  2. #17
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Not sure...doesn't really matter though.

  3. #18
    Blkr da Berry's Avatar
    Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    I've changed the vendor code and now am updating my BB, would I need to install any of the language and input software? Wouldn't that just use up more memory?

  4. #19
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    I wouldn't install any languages that you don't need.

  5. #20
    Blkr da Berry's Avatar
    Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Would i be able to install any of those languages it at a later time if I ever wanted to?

  6. #21
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Yes

  7. #22
    Blkr da Berry's Avatar
    Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Thanks...Appreciate the help you guys give.

  8. #23
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkr da Berry View Post
    Thanks...Appreciate the help you guys give.
    Anytime glad to help

  9. #24
    goneinaflash's Avatar
    goneinaflash no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    32

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Then navigate to this path also:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35\Java (or whatever OS version it shows v4.2.2.XXX etc.)
    Once in the above file, switch to "List" view
    and delete the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod


    What if my Java file doesn't have the net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod file??? I have an 8310 from AT&T and the PTT program is on the screen. I have never opened it though.

    Thanks.

  10. #25
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by goneinaflash View Post
    Then navigate to this path also:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35\Java (or whatever OS version it shows v4.2.2.XXX etc.)
    Once in the above file, switch to "List" view
    and delete the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod


    What if my Java file doesn't have the net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod file??? I have an 8310 from AT&T and the PTT program is on the screen. I have never opened it though.

    Thanks.

    Ok read these directions.....


    Ok super simplified

    1. Follow this path:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35(this is your OS version) Your should be 4.2.2.176 or something like that.

    2. Open up the Platform.alx file with notepad or wordpad

    3. Hit CTRL+F and type ptt and click find
    FIND this line:
    <fileset pttApp="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="100">
    <files>


    4. Change the
    _vendorID to 100 like mine says, yours should say 102

    5. Save and Open up DM and plug in your BB. It should prompt you to update if done right.


    Don't go into the JAVA folder at all....DO NOT DELETE the .COD FILE

    This method is just altering the vendorID...no need to delete anything.

    Also my blog has this exact same entry
    Last edited by reddog187; 02-08-2008 at 03:52 AM.

  11. #26
    TNgal22's Avatar
    TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Posts
    608

    Re: How To Remove PTT App From AT&T 8310 Curve...Please Help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    To remove PTT for me the easiest way is to have
    your BB's current OS installed on your PC.
    To find out what OS you are running you can go
    to Options>About on the BB or
    hit Alt>Ent>H
    on your BB keyboard.

    If you're feeling brave and want to upgrade OS
    as well, the most recent OS installed on
    your PC, in your case this one:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...70A3A6658DFDD5
    how to here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

    Once you've downloaded the OS, navigate to this path in C drive:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and delete the vendor.xml file

    Then navigate to this path also:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35\Java (or whatever OS version it shows v4.2.2.XXX etc.)
    Once in the above file, switch to "List" view
    and delete the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod

    Connect your BB to PC start up DM (Device Manager)
    If you don't have this installed you should, it's on the disk that came with your PC, but
    I recommend downloading the latest version can be found here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

    Start App Loader>click Next and just click Next again, not Add and it will recognize
    that there is no ptt.cod file in the OS and remove it from your device.

    Let the BB reboot and you should have no more PTT!

    Good luck! And let us know how it goes!
    Worked like a charm! I was worried about deleting things but no more PTT!!! Thanks!!!
    Support our Troops!!

    Mom to Ashlee

  12. #27
    mspalacios's Avatar
    mspalacios no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4
    I can't find C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310* in my DM 4.3 install. I have recently upgraded to a Curve and can see the 8700 and 8100 directories. Did anything change in the DM 4.3? Thanks.

  13. #28
    Lavagirl's Avatar
    Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Posts
    10,877
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios View Post
    I can't find C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310* in my DM 4.3 install. I have recently upgraded to a Curve and can see the 8700 and 8100 directories. Did anything change in the DM 4.3? Thanks.
    You need to delete any previous OS installs from your PC prior to the PTT removal.
    Upgrading to DM 4.3 should not affect the directory you indicated above:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310

    That is an 8310 OS directory. Nothing to do with the DM install.

    Follow the directions in my blog or in the post above for the PTT removal and you should be good to go.

  14. #29
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Ok super simplified

    1. Follow this path:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35(this is your OS version) Your should be 4.2.2.176 or something like that.

    2. Open up the Platform.alx file with notepad or wordpad

    3. Hit CTRL+F and type ptt and click find
    FIND this line:
    <fileset pttApp="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="100">
    <files>

    4. Change the
    _vendorID to 100 like mine says, yours should say 102

    5. Save and Open up DM and plug in your BB. It should prompt you to update if done right.

    Thanks, can't get any simpler than that, worked like a charm...

  15. #30
    Alienwhere's Avatar
    Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    31
    reddog, seriously, I had almost given up on this, couldn't get it to work. Your method was perfect - editing worked better than deletion for me. Many thanks!
    __________________________

    END OF LINE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •