Hello, Some how encryption was turned on the 8320. I have about 50 pictures on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

REM files on 8320 - encryption turned off

Advertisement

Hello,

Some how encryption was turned on the 8320. I have about 50 pictures on a 4 gig memory card in the Curve. I have turned encryption on and off, set to none and set to password security. I still can not access the pictures via PC. How should I view the pictures on the card on the PC. I can owever view on the Curve, so I do know encryption is turned on - at least on the pictures that are already on the card. I can not rename the files on the PC or it seems on the Curve. Can I send one by one to the PC or email somehow?
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: REM files on 8320 - encryption turned off

If you have unlimited data plan and an email account pushed on your blackberry you could send them to yourself on your email and then view the email on your pc and save it on your pc that way. I wish I could help you out more, hmmm, my password is disable as well as my content protection.
    Under media card settings
    Media card support: on
    Encryption mode: none
    Mass storage mode support: on

When I plug my bb8300 in any computer a mass storage drive pops up in the my computer and I just click it, open up the blackberry folder and I can access all my music videos and pics. I don't know if I helped much, hopefully someone else knows what's going on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

I had the same problem with my wife's Pearl. Never tried it but you can try sending the pics over bluetooth in order to maintain the quality. Supposedly the encryption should disappear when turned off but never does.

Poagman no está en línea Stack level 1

I do not have a data plan so i can not email them to myself. What other options do i have?

Altering the file estension from jpeg.rem to jpeg didn't work.
    I turned encryption off prior to taking pics and still have the issue for anything on the memroy card.
    My wife has a Moto Razr which i can possibly Bluetooth to?

Your advice is appreciated.

PS - This is a Pearl 8100 w/T-Mobile
    Last edited by Poagman; 01-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Poagman no está en línea Stack level 1

**update**

I can now see new pics from media card with encryption turned off. Now i just need to find a way to unencrypt the originals without BB email service.

fencepost no está en línea Stack level 1

Now that encryption is off what happens if you copy them from within the picture viewer? Does it copy decrypted?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~