i reinstalled the OS 4.5 for AT&T and i dont have a Personal Email Icon. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lrspray no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D3AAA8

Question Reinstalled OS 4.5 on my 8310 and No more Personal Email Icon. Help!?

Advertisement

i reinstalled the OS 4.5 for AT&T and i dont have a Personal Email Icon.

This is also a new device. So .. in order for the personal email account to work i need to update my device info on that email .. but i need the icon to get there... how do i do this... or what should i do.

is there a .cod or .axl or a service that i can put on here that will bring that back..

help..

thank you

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    lrspray, did you ever create a BIS account (BlackBerry Internet Service)?

Here is the link for that service. You should just be able to go into your BIS account and use the Change Device function, entering the PIN and IMEI numbers for your new device. Enter in your e-mail address information and you should be good to go.

I always set up my e-mail from the BIS account, so I'm not sure if you usually do it on your device that the username and password on the BIS account would be the same as you entered on your device.

Also, try registering your device by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Once there, press the BB menu button and select Register Now. This might force the Service Books for that missing icon.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you had the email folder before, just go to "email setup" on your phone, go to your account, delete it, and re-do it. When done, you will have a new folder. I have had to do this after installing a new OS, and it works every time- chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

lrspray no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D3AAA8
    thank you thank you both..
    i got it working now..

thanks alot

Thanks Riff.

Guess I was confused as to what the actual issue was. I read it as they were missing that Email Setup icon, not the folder for the e-mail account.

Anyway, glad yer back in bidness!