8300....i'm abroad and cant get my curve to power up...nothing,nada....have taken both the SIM card ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BirdnDiz no está en línea Stack level 2

refuses to power up....

Advertisement

8300....i'm abroad and cant get my curve to power up...nothing,nada....have taken both the SIM card and battery,held down the power switch for 30 secs,replaced the battey and SIM and .....nothing,no red light,zilch......if anyone can give me any help,i'd really appreciate it...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: refuses to power up....

Yeah, I'm at a loss for this one. If the LED isn't even blinking then I'm not sure if it even is getting power. Maybe try a new battery if that is at all possible. Then maybe check the battery contacts.

Other than that I'm not sure what else you can try.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Will it power up when connected to a power cord or USB to PC? Have you tried connecting to DM to see if it recognizes device?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

when connecting the phone trough USB cable and if no battery is present you should get the red light blinking at a very slow rate.
    If it does, that could indicate like red said, bad connection between battery and phone. Or the battery itself.

connected BB to the laptop which has desktop manager.No red light still but there is a dark image of a battery with a line through it on the screen.Also,desktop manager recognises it is connected...

confused?I am....

if i have to send it back,where to?

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by BirdnDiz View Post
    connected BB to the laptop which has desktop manager.No red light still but there is a dark image of a battery with a line through it on the screen.Also,desktop manager recognises it is connected...

confused?I am....

if i have to send it back,where to?
    it sounds like the connection from the battery to the phone is not good...you might want to consider sending the phone back. how long have you had the phone and where did you get it from??

it's a 8300.I guess i've had it 9 months or so.I got it off a friend who worked for a carrier here on the island(Jamaica)but no longer works for them.I have no paperwork etc so i guess i have to pay for repairs...where to send it to?

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

try searching on internet , about the carier & reparing centre

trying to call the 1-877 number that is listed on the BB site to start the service procedure but not getting through from Jamaica.Does anyone have any other numbers?.....what a nightmare...