My 8320 from T-Mobile USA went bad on me after about 3-4 months of use. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

refurb or New????

Advertisement

My 8320 from T-Mobile USA went bad on me after about 3-4 months of use. I called, they tried to troubleshoot, and said they'd send me a new one. Just got it today with no battery, battery door, etc. My question is...How can I determine if the phone they sent is new or a refurb? isn't there some kind of date stamp on the sticker that tells me when it was made? Anyway, there must be some way to tell for sure...Thanks.

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    i would call tmobile and explain what happened .
    -------
    oh yeah when its new they send the whole box that comes with everything in it.
    Last edited by hotfairy87; 03-10-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also shouldn't there be a sticker that says Refurbished? I've gotten a few phones with this on them.

what should I explain to them?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    its a refurb.

I spoke to someone at T-Mobile and they claim that all phones, new or refurb, are shipped out without the boxes and accessories. They only send what is defective, according to the rep. However, he claimed that there is a better chance the Curve is new as he hasn't seen any refurbs coming through...who knows, should I really care? It just seems like if I went in to Best Buy pr something like that, got an iPod for $400 and it broke or proved defective within their warranty period, they'd give me a new iPod, not a used or refurbed one. Maybe I'm naive on this subject....?