Hello All - When I receive a new email message or new sms / mms ... BlackBerry Curve forum

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Red Star Sms / Email Indicator Issue

Advertisement

Hello All -

When I receive a new email message or new sms / mms message, I dont get the little red star on the envelope or the sms icons on the bottom six icons on the home screen. I saw it after pulling the battery but I dont see it again until I pull the battery again. I cant pull the battery every time I want to see the indicator. What is going on with this phone. Again, I just purchased this phone 3 days ago. Help!!!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Are you using a custom theme or a 3rd party e-mail app? A post early had a major problem with e-mail menu function all due to a 3rd party app.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-10-2009 at 12:30 AM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Im using the Precision Silver theme. No 3rd party themes. Yeah, im noticing that 3rd party apps arent jiving too well with the 8900. They all ran fine on the 8320. I deleted the 3rd party email app that caused that problem. That issue is fine but now the red star issue.
    Last edited by grapemist; 07-10-2009 at 12:47 AM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    May sound obvious, but under your Message Options, is the notification feature turned on?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    Posted
    That was one of the first things I checked. Yeah its on.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    try switching to a different theme, one of the stock ones, do a battery pull that should fix it....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    Posted
    Yeah, I said in my first post that Ive pulled the battery several times. I dont want to have to pull the battery every time in order to see the red star notification.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ you can always hit alt/del/aA to reboot it without taking the battery out.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    what theme is causing all this fuzz, if you don't mind me asking to stay away from it.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    if I were you I'd delete that theme and go with the stock one. or if else fails i would advice you to wipe your phone and it'll go back to the manufacturer's state. That's an alternative I would seek if it bothers me that much or like i said get rid of that pesky theme and reboot your phone. I've made several themes for my 8900 and no issues whatsoever (for me that is) Good luck

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Quote Originally Posted by grapemist View Post
    Im using the Precision Silver theme. No 3rd party themes. Yeah, im noticing that 3rd party apps arent jiving too well with the 8900. They all ran fine on the 8320. I deleted the 3rd party email app that caused that problem. That issue is fine but now the red star issue.
    Seeing as you are using a stock them, and cant uninstall via the normal manner, I would just leave it.

You might try hooking up to DM and doing a backup and restore, and check for OS updates, it may reload the theme in a sense.

Either that or somehow one of your 3rd party apps that you did install and then removed may have left some residual effects that could be causing this.

You May want to reset the phone and start over from scratch, Or seeing as it is new, it may possibly be a hardware(nevermind was thinking about the LED not the star but you might want to just take it in and see what they say.
    Last edited by rashard; 07-10-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    Posted
    You know what guys -

I did a soft reset and that did the trick. This is really beginning to bug me. Thanks so much for all of your help and replies.

Love you all. Mean it. I really do.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm with Rashard on this one that maybe even though you uninstalled those apps, they left something behind, but if the soft reset fixed it, then so be it.
    How to upgrade your OS