Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know this problem is everywhere, but I haven't been able to find a good ... BlackBerry Curve forum

matts12290 no está en línea Stack level 1

Red LED Light

Advertisement

I know this problem is everywhere, but I haven't been able to find a good solution to it. I have a Curve 8300 with OS 4.5.0.162 (the latest that I know of). Whenever I get a text, the red indicator LED will blink (like its supposed to) but when I open the text, it will stay red and I have to use the LEDReset program to make it go off. Then the next text comes and same thing... I was wondering if there is a fix for this yet. I like having the LED feature, but it is too annoying to turn it off every time I get a text.

Thanks,
    Matt

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    so this is an issue with the 4.5.0.162 OS? have you tried opening the SMS folder, go to today's date, choose menu and mark prior opened?

i can mark them as opened, the only problem is that the LED light stays on. nothing to do with marking them as read, or being able to read them (both work fine).

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Does the LED keep blinking or is it solid?

it is solid. it will blink until i read the message. the second i click the message to read it, the light stays solid. also, after a phone call it stays solid too.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have you checked all your profile settings? Maybe your signal indicator light?

right now i have the indicator light off because when it is set to on (the default setting that blinks when you have an unread message) it just stays on.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Not too sure but try and do a batt pull for now. If not, see if you can reload your OS and hopefully that should do the trick. That is weird that your Blackberry is doing that. I am sure with the LED light on, it drains your batt more.

i tried the battery pull, and i went from OS 4.5.0.155 to the one i have right now thinking it would solve the problem but it didnt =/

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    It probably has something to do with your settings on your Berry. But that is weird that it just stays solid red. Have you tried caling your carrier tech support and ask what is going on with your berry? Hopefully that will solve the issue. Let us know what happens.

Its not something with the settings. And the carrier would probably have no idea what-so-ever

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you have any apps that allow you to customize the color of your LED? I used to have that problem sometimes when I used BBAlerts
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

The only thing I have is LEDReset to turn off the LED once it gets stuck :P

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Try reloading your OS with 4.5.0.153, if you can find it. While the package version is lower, the platform is higher (2.7.0.105) than the two other OS's you mentioned.

I've been running this version for months with no issues.

So I did a complete wipe of my blackberry and installed the same OS. Guess what?? Now it works! hahah. I don't know why just reinstalling the OS didn't work, but wiping it before hand made it finally work properly (the red LED now turns off when I open a text). I even have themes on there now and it still works! So thanks for all the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast