My wife has had an 8300 on AT&T for about 18 months (she's running the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Recommended (Stable) OS for 8300?

Advertisement

My wife has had an 8300 on AT&T for about 18 months (she's running the original software 4.2.2.89). Lately she has been getting constant Sim Card Errors where the signal switches to "SOS" and she needs to reboot her phone. She doesn't actually take the battery out and touch the sim card but rather uses the Alt/Shift/Del method and then everything works OK for a little while until she gets the error again.

So I want to upgrade her software. Saw that AT&T has put out 4.5.0.110 so I figure I would upgrade to that but it sounds like some people have been having issues w/ it? She isn't a power user so I just want something stable for the 8300.

I am familiar and comfortable w/ running the software updates so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm running 4.5.0.110 with no problems......

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have been running .110 since it was released, with no problems. Upgrade is highly recomended

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I already have 4.5.0.110 downloaded for the 8320 I am purchasing this week......so ya no issues for me all with it.

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've been running 4.5.0.110 since att came out with it. No problems I love it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll have to give another thumbs-up to 4.5.0.110, which I also downloaded from AT&T (although I'm on T-Mobile).
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Okay well I started the update process, it started Erasing the applications, then I left the room...came back maybe 10 mins later and Desktop Manager said "A fatal error occurred while updating your software, please try again"...the Curve has a white screen w/ a spinning hourglass. I unplugged and replugged and restarted DM and it didn't do anything.

I have done a number of SW updates on my old Pearl and my Bold and never had anything like this happen.

Please help! My wife is going to kill me if I don't get this working.

Update...after a while of the spinning hourglass, a screen came up saying Blackberry Platform 2.7.90 (I think those were the numbers) and then listed the main applications....address book, calendar, etc....looked like the options menu and in the AT&T theme....but when you clicked on any line item it said "Error w/ so and so module"...

...after about 2 mins of that I got a white screen that says App Error 205 w/ a Reset button.

What should I do?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    You need to reinstall the device software, after first insuring that it's the proper version for your model. In the event of further complications, try wiping the device back to factory default by going to Options-> Security Options-> General Settings-> Click in on the Menu key and select Wipe Handheld. Then attempt a re-download of the upgraded os. If you are hampered further, please refer to the following, and get back to us until you're taken care of. We are here for you. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-24-2009 at 05:49 PM.

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try a new sim card?