Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok, I actually have two questions both i'm sure have been covered. However, I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

challigan23 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242E2B51

Recently Switched From Pearl to Curve

Advertisement

Ok, I actually have two questions both i'm sure have been covered. However, I have not been able to find what i'm looking for. First, is there anyone out there who knows of or has links to themes for the 8320? Even if anyone knows if Plazmic has a new version out for the wi-fi icon? Second, I am wondering why, on facebook for example, when I try to go to someone's profile it has to go through wi-fi? Sometimes I don't have a router close by so I need to be able to make my third party apps default to my bb browser. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: one more question, does t-mobile not support gps?
    Last edited by challigan23; 01-17-2008 at 03:15 PM.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Recently Switched From Pearl to Curve

The 8320 does not have GPS it only has wifi, the 8310 has GPS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242E2B51
    Ok, thanks for that, but how bout the other questions?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

while not near a wireless router you need to manually turn off wifi connect so it should default to your bb browser

PIN/ID
    242E2B51
    Ok how do I simply turn it off?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Hmmm....I dont seem to have that problem but now I might check when I go home. Anytime I use the facebook app and need to a profile it uses my bb browser and works fine. But to turn off the wifi as you asked, go to the icon that says "manage connections" and then a little menu will come up and you can check or uncheck the wifi box to turn it off and on.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

K I just went from the facebook app and then from there went to a friends profile and it went right to my bb browser, and I dont have wifi where I am. What exactly happens when you are doing it?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

PIN/ID
    242E2B51

Even when replying to email notification on pinstack and clicking the link it says something about this is a wi-fi service and to make sure I'm connected.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

challigan23

Hey try checking your settings. I have noticed that when you are using wifi your BB browser works faster when you change some settings, but if you change this setting (which ill tell u in a min) then you cant use your BB browser over edge.

Options> Advanced Options> Browser> Default browser should say internet browser. If you change it to Wifi Browser then you can use the BB browser when connected to wifi and it will be much faster but you dont be able to use it on edge. When the setting sayd internet browser it will work over both edge and wifi just not as fast on wifi as the wifi setting.

make sure MDS browser says internet browser!

Try that and get back to us!

PIN/ID
    242E2B51

So, will this make it to where my third party apps default to BB internet connection rather than wi-fi? I know I sound ignorant having shelled out the cash I did for the curve and don't know everything about it yet, but I love the phone. Anyway, how do I actually know when im using the wi-fi connection (when I have one) and not the BIS? And I take it no one has any word on themes for the 8320?
    Last edited by challigan23; 01-17-2008 at 07:45 PM.

The only way I know how to tell is when it lists the wifi network on my home screen. I have always assumed I was on wifi at that point. Have never really tried to mess with it though. Maybe I will turn off my mobile network when I get home and see what happens. I always thought wifi would over-ride everything if I was connected to it. But now I am wondering too since I have never really had a need to check. Far as themes, I use the today plus theme pretty much exclusivley and it tells me all I need to know. You might check in the theme area in here and see whats available. I know cherrichiodo in here makes a ton of them!

PIN/ID
    242E2B51

Yeah I've beeb here for a while and there are only a few themes for the 8320. I do need to hit her up though she's excellent.

I had the iBerry theme and liked it alot but I loooooove the today plus theme and just change around my wallpaper pic when I need a change.

PIN/ID
    242E2B51

I generally only use today themes, but I cannot stand the yellow highlight bar and yellow letters on the home screen.

Yeah thats why I like the today plus style, the yellow highlight and lettering are faded in the background until you scroll to them. So it looks like Zen, and then turns into Today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast