I have an 8310 that sends me my work email through my employer's BES. Starting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

acoldstarnolds no está en línea Stack level 1

Receiving emails more than once

Advertisement

I have an 8310 that sends me my work email through my employer's BES. Starting last Friday I am now getting the same email repeatedly, sometime four or five times in a period of two to three minutes.
    My IT guy told me to take the battery out while the phone was on and reboot it that way. That did nothing to solve the problem.
    My IT group is not too motivated to solve this for me so I came here.
    Is this a BES issue or is this an issue with ATT and bberry? And if anyone knows the solution I am all ears.
    Thanks.

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Receiving emails more than once

My boss is having the same thing happen to his 8310. ATT blamed todays duplicate emails on the outage and said that everything was sent out twice. Funny thing, the other 11 BB users didn't see that happening to theirs. Before the 8319 he a had a Nextel BB and had the same problem. He never called Nextel to trouble shot but now he is getting mad. The one thing that has been consistent between these two phones is that we use Groupwise. We are not setup on BES so I am thinking that there must be something tied to the way the IT guy has setup the bosses account. We are going to call ATT again tomorrow and try to stop this one. If we have any luck I will post back.