BB is really going slow again. This time though, it's only when opening and/or sending ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Really really slow again!!!

Advertisement

BB is really going slow again. This time though, it's only when opening and/or sending messages. It takes ages to open the message, when I want to reply, I hit "reply" and again, forever to open the "reply" area....and then yet again, ages to send the message....what's the deal? That's the only thing that's running slow.

I deleted all prior messages, but we are still lagging...any ideas?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Really really slow again!!!

Try a battery pull. Also try going into your Messages folder and pressing Menu, then scroll to View Folder, and delete everything that you don't need in each of those folders. It seems to work for me.

Also is your memory getting low? That can cause your BB to run a lot slower.
    Last edited by lauren25; 01-14-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    ~Lauren

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Hold down ALT+ESC. That will pull up your running programs list. See how many active programs you have running. Go into each program that you can close (can't close messages, phone, Beamberry, stuff like that) and close them with the actual "Close" menu selection rather than just exiting out of the program. This will cause your phone to run slow if you have too many programs running simultaneously.

Good luck and post back with any remaining issues.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I think you should try deleting your event log. You can do that by pressing ALT+L+G+L+G. It should bring up your Event Log. Then press the bb button. Next Clear Log and finally, verify deletion. It seems to make my bb a little faster when I clear it up every now and then. I hope that helps you as well.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

What exactly is the Event Log? I just cleared mine and it does seem a little faster. Thanks for the tip!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I think it's a log of all the things your bb does on it's own and what you do. It's like the task manager thingy on your computer, but on your bb. It just stores everything you do on your bb, from the buttons you press to what applications have been running and/or is running. Basically, it just tracks everything that is done on your bb. I'm read that on one of the forums in here... and it seems to make my bb faster.