Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had to reboot my BB curve twice within two days. First time, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mariat no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re-Booting my curve

Advertisement

I have had to reboot my BB curve twice within two days. First time, I could send text message but could not read the ones that came in or the phone would beep indicating receiving the message but no message found. Today, there was the yellow envelope indicating a message, no message found (I deleted all messages and the envelope disappeared). Then when I tried getting phone numbers (highlighted the text message icon and pressed a letter) no names were found. Tried this method for texting and while lighting the phone book. I took the battery out and it now works. Is there something wrong with the phone or is this normal for a curve?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Re-Booting my curve

Your memory was probably full. You may want to keep an eye on it.

Check this thread for tips: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

Would a full memory cause the envelope icon (telling me I have mail) to show even if there are no messages?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You probably got a message and it was full and maybe never actually delivered it. I'm uncertain, when your BB is low on memory it does a lot of funky things.

I had the guy at ATT clean everything on Sunday so I am surprise to see I would be having memory problems today (Monday).

Is there a way to check to see how much memory you have available so that I can determine if the problem I am having is a memory problem or some internal phone problem?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Options (wrench icon)>Status>Look for File Free

My phone has 14296813 bytes file free. Do I not have enough free memory and that is why strange things seem to be happening to my phone. I have deleted all my text messages, and have only a few blackberry messages and emails. I do have about 26 ringtones I have downloaded. How do I make more available memory to stop the crazy things that are happening to my phone. I have my pictures saved to a memory card. I am getting to the point where I feel the phone is more of a hassle if I have to contantly be worried about memory. How low can the file free get to before problems start up?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I learned this valuable lesson 2 years ago when I had a 7105t start deleting unopened texts out of the blue (and leaving negative counts on email folders when they were empty) and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with my phone.

You can move your ringtones to the media card. Delete any other old messages, unused languages, applications, etc. Hold down your ALT key and type this key sequence L G L G. This will open your event log. Open the menu and select Clear Log.

Go to Options>Security Options>General Options. Set the device Password to Enabled. Create a device password. Set the timer to however long you want to have the BB wait before locking the keypad. Set Content Protection to Enabled. Enter your device password. Exit back to home screen. Go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning. Click on Show Icon On Home Screen and set to Yes. There are also options to clean the memory when the BB is placed in a holster or when idle. You can set these too.

Then, when you feel your BB getting sluggish, clean on the Memory Cleaning icon on your homescreen (looks like a paper shredder). This will clean your BB memory even more.

Almost forgot about SoftReset (available over the air at geekandproud.net I THINK that's right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). This will eliminate the need for you to take the battery out of your Curve which can be frustrating if your battery door acts like my Pearl's doors can LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-26-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks to all of you that have given me replies. I plan on printing the page and attempt to free up more memory. I love my curve but have been very frustrated the last two days due the many strange things that have been happening. Hopefully this will be the fix my curve needs. Thanks again.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I learned this valuable lesson 2 years ago when I had a 7105t start deleting unopened texts out of the blue (and leaving negative counts on email folders when they were empty) and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with my phone.

You can move your ringtones to the media card. Delete any other old messages, unused languages, applications, etc. Hold down your ALT key and type this key sequence L G L G. This will open your event log. Open the menu and select Clear Log.

Go to Options>Security Options>General Options. Set the device Password to Enabled. Create a device password. Set the timer to however long you want to have the BB wait before locking the keypad. Set Content Protection to Enabled. Enter your device password. Exit back to home screen. Go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning. Click on Show Icon On Home Screen and set to Yes. There are also options to clean the memory when the BB is placed in a holster or when idle. You can set these too.

Then, when you feel your BB getting sluggish, clean on the Memory Cleaning icon on your homescreen (looks like a paper shredder). This will clean your BB memory even more.

Almost forgot about SoftReset (available over the air at geekandproud.net I THINK that's right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). This will eliminate the need for you to take the battery out of your Curve which can be frustrating if your battery door acts like my Pearl's doors can LOL
    I don't have a memory cleaning option even with security/content potection on. Any ideas?

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~To have the memory cleaning option enabled first have content protected on as well as the password setting to yes. Save then create a password for your device. You will have to enter it twice. After that exit out of security options then go back into it. The memory cleaning option should be there now. Hope this helps!

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

So by deleting unopened messages it balances out the message count? Because last night my pearl randomly turned off while i was receiving a message, now it shows a -1 msg.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    The -1 should be cleared with a reboot. My Curve does that every once in a while.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mariat View Post
    My phone has 14296813 bytes file free. Do I not have enough free memory and that is why strange things seem to be happening to my phone. I have deleted all my text messages, and have only a few blackberry messages and emails. I do have about 26 ringtones I have downloaded. How do I make more available memory to stop the crazy things that are happening to my phone. I have my pictures saved to a memory card. I am getting to the point where I feel the phone is more of a hassle if I have to contantly be worried about memory. How low can the file free get to before problems start up?
    Bb's are known to do "crazy" things (i.e. deleting phone logs, deleting mms/sms, etc.) when the memory count is below 16 - 17mb. You should try to free up your memory. Here's a thread that I hope you find useful.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast