I have a BB curve that is probibly almost a year old now. It has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tikim143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2087E5EB

Question Re-booting Curve

Advertisement

I have a BB curve that is probibly almost a year old now. It has never given me any problems until now. Well my phone had been "suspended" by my carrier because I was a few days late on fully paying my bill.

Well thats when the problems started. My cell still worked for me to play the games and stuff, it just wouldnt allow me to make calls, text, or use the internet. So i was still constantly messing with it regularly to play the games. Well right after it became suspended, it started "rebooting" itself. And on a regular basis. It will completely turn itslef off, then reload and turn itself back on. It acts as if I had taken the battery out for a minute then replaced it.

It does this sometimes back to back. And (as im sure you'd know), everytime it does this, it takes soooo long to reload and get back to whre I was.

Please Please help me by telling me what I can do to fix this or atleast make it stop from doing this? I had talked to my carrier, "Centennial Wireless", 's Customer Service and they told me to bring it in to my local Centennial store. But im trying to find out if theres anything I can do at home myself first. You see, I am a paraplegic and I havent gotten my liscence back just yet. And I also just went through a surgery at M.D. Anderson in Houston... so you could say its a long drawn out deal for me to go anyware and to get a ride.

Anything is appreciated

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I'm guessing concidering I've never had the problem myself.But I think there is a chance that one of your apps is needing updated as it had while you had service,and your curve it trying to correct the issue automatically.Also if you have the Quick pull app, you might want to check to see if it's doing scheduled reboots.Other than those things,I don't know what would do as you've discribed.I hope I've been some help to you, and I'm sorry I can't think of anything else.Good luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Baruk no está en línea Stack level 1
    With this reply, I'm assuming that you still do not have voice & data previleges from your carrier. Your problem may be because your device is trying to get updates. Since you're using the device as anything else than a phone, try this trick and see if it helps any.

Go to Manage Connections>Turn all Connections Off. This will disconnect you from your network carrier. Then Mobile Network Options>Data Services>OFF

I learned this trick from here. Hope it works for you.

Big Smile

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    With this reply, I'm assuming that you still do not have voice & data previleges from your carrier. Your problem may be because your device is trying to get updates. Since you're using the device as anything else than a phone, try this trick and see if it helps any.

Go to Manage Connections>Turn all Connections Off. This will disconnect you from your network carrier. Then Mobile Network Options>Data Services>OFF

I learned this trick from here. Hope it works for you.

Big Smile
    Great idea!I should have thought of that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~