I just found out this problem recently. I was on the phone a few times ... BlackBerry Curve forum

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Random power off during phone calls

Advertisement

I just found out this problem recently. I was on the phone a few times and all of a sudden my phone just turned off by itself. First I thought was the battery ran out, but the same thing happened when the battery was 80% charged. The only way to power up the phone again is by connecting it to another power source. Either from the wall charger or the USB cable from my computer. Could you guys tell me what's wrong with my phone?

Thanks in advance.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds like something is and it's probably not your fault. If you can reproduce the problem I'd head on in to your local carrier's shop and get it replaced. If you can't, I'd wait until it gets so bad that you can.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go to your local carrier and see if they will let you test with different battery. I have read a few post about this happening but not sure I have seen a solution. Start with the easy stuff then if thats not it as jblack said try for a new device. Actually it reminds me of an issue I had on a razr at one time and after all the trouble shooting in the world a new battery fixed it. Just my two cents however since I have never had it happen on my Berry.

herjor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I'm having the same issue with my phone. I've read of similar issues & the only people that have had luck r those that got a new battery. I haven't made 2 many calls lately, but the few I have made weren't an issue after I completely wiped out the ph. However, it still ramdomly turns off with picture taking or downloading. The only way 2 avoid the turn off is 2 have it hooked up 2 the charger.so much 4 being wireless. Went down 2 att store, but they didn't have an extra batt 2 try it out, they just tried 2 upgrade me 2 the bold. They believed it wasn't my batt., but damage from a third party software. 1 rep claim that this happened 2 his curve. If u do try 2 wipe, then install a new OS ! Carefull, I had a hell of a time restoring my phone & even lost some stuff I had recently installed along with 3rd party software

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    So I went to my local t-mobile store and luckily they had an extra battery I can try. Indeed that fixed the problem. Thanks for the help : )

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad thats all it was.