Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This has happened to me twice now within a week. All of my data from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rottenberry85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Random Deletion of all calendar data

Advertisement

This has happened to me twice now within a week. All of my data from my calendar has been completely erased! I do not sync my phone with anything, therefore I enter all appointments directly and have no backup. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I realize that I should be syncing my data, however I am unable to find a decent application for OS X(10.5). Any help would be appreciated.

T-Mobile Curve 8320
    4 Gigabyte Micro SDHC(all media stored here)

Applications installed:
    Google Maps
    Google Gmail
    Monopoly Tycoon

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Random Deletion of all calendar data

How about your Calendar settings? How long do you have it set to keep them?

Go to:
    1. Calendar
    2. Menu
    3. Options
    4. Keep Appointments: ??

Also what is your memory sitting at?
    ALT+CTRL+H

Keep appointments is set to forever.
    File Free: 1752568 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    How about your Calendar settings? How long do you have it set to keep them?

Go to:
    1. Calendar
    2. Menu
    3. Options
    4. Keep Appointments: ??

Also what is your memory sitting at?
    ALT+CTRL+H

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Well that is certainly strange...

I'm stumped...if you're memory is at 17mb then there should be no reason for the BB to dump anything.

So your memory stay at about that level? How many appointments did you have?

I check the memory on a regular basis because of the problems I used to have with my Pearl and no memory card. It is pretty consistent and stays around 1.5-1.6 MB. I had maybe 20 appointments, seeing as I just lost my calendar a couple of days back. Actually now that I think about it, it was almost exactly a week ago this happened. I am poking through the event log trying to find anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Well that is certainly strange...

I'm stumped...if you're memory is at 17mb then there should be no reason for the BB to dump anything.

So your memory stay at about that level? How many appointments did you have?
    Last edited by rottenberry85; 12-06-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Event log attached for anyone that can help. Thanks!
    Last edited by rottenberry85; 12-06-2007 at 03:51 PM.

I was unable to find any reason as to why all of my information was lost. So I am assuming it is do to a lack of memory as I only had approximately 1.5 MB's free at the time the incident occurred. After reading more about lost data problems on Blackberry's I have found that amount to be insufficient. So, what I have done is enabled the automatic memory cleaner and erased all unnecessary language packs. This has given me another 13 or so MB in free space for a total of approximately 15 MB. Hopefully with both of these procedures combined I will be able to retain my data. Any input would be appreciated.

dolfan433 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same problem but with my sms and mms messages it seems every week it erases them

vicky322 no está en línea Stack level 1

This happened with my Blackberry curve. It deleted all of my calendar entries. It was set to delete after 60 days, but I only have had the phone for a week and a half. Any suggestions?

jiholl5333 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had this problem too. Perhaps the device is deleting all events that are more than 60 days older than the current date on the device??? It seems like that is the only thing that makes sense here. You have to enable wireless sync in the calendar options to see the "Keep Appointments" thing. I have set mine to Forever and only time will tell.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

hey boys and girls...

this actually happened to me a few days ago... i was pretty pissed... this is due to NOT SUFFICIENT MEMORY and the bb resets it self...

i am on BES so it kinda kept the appointments for the this week... but i have no calender entries for anything before...

i tried to sync it to outlook but it says it is being sync wirelessly....

my out look has the appointments still kept...

how can i sync with outlook and get those back?

cheers

dunk50 no está en línea Stack level 1

i had this problem with my New 8310. i went through a great deal of research on this subject on several forums. It has nothing to do with memory or settings on the phone. It is a BB problem that they need to admit to. My phone did it first at three weeks and then again at 5 weeks. If you go to other forums you will see that this is happening to more than a few phones. I am on my 3rd under warranty. I like most absolutely love my curve. I hope they fix the problems.

barnesnorth no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing here... I have everything on 'keep forever'.

Strange though, I did the Alt, Ctl, H, and it came up with file free: 0. I went into status and it had another number in the 50000 range, and then went back to Alt Ctl H and it was back up to 83000. Is this a status of current RAM as well, or is this storage memory?

I think I am going to see if I can't get a replacement -- I've only lost about 3 months of data, and almost lost 3 more today if I had not caught the "170 deletions" warning on my sync screen.

yayita no está en línea Stack level 1

my blackberry lost some of my pictures! i can't figure out how to recover them

Thumbs up Re: Random Deletion of all calendar data

Since I have done the following, I have had no problems. I think the key is setting up the automatic memory cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by rottenberry85 View Post
    I was unable to find any reason as to why all of my information was lost. So I am assuming it is do to a lack of memory as I only had approximately 1.5 MB's free at the time the incident occurred. After reading more about lost data problems on Blackberry's I have found that amount to be insufficient. So, what I have done is enabled the automatic memory cleaner and erased all unnecessary language packs. This has given me another 13 or so MB in free space for a total of approximately 15 MB. Hopefully with both of these procedures combined I will be able to retain my data. Any input would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast