Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tried to call tmobile re: this..they could not fix it..told me to go to tmobile ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adr2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Radio Path Unavailable

Advertisement

Tried to call tmobile re: this..they could not fix it..told me to go to tmobile direct store..can somebody help me..tried to power off remove battery&sim card, replace the sim card&battery..still the same could not call&receive calls..but can receive txt messages..what is the problem?

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're saying the "Radio Path Unavailable" is a message you're receiving on the device and that voice isn't working on the device, even after you've reseated the SIM and pulled the battery?
    You also said text works? (SMS)

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    This happened to me yesterday, then I relized my network wasn't turned on. I went to Manage Connections and turned it on.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah .sms works..not voice..my BB curve is from Tmobile &it is connected to t mobile network..meaning my network is on..i dont know what else to do?will hard reset(pressing the reset button) help?

No, the reset won't do more than you pulling the battery. What does the radio indicator say in the upper right-hand corner of the screen? (should say gsm, gprs, GPRS, edge or EDGE) - which case it is matters.

it says EDGE..with 5 signal bars& the antenna like icon ..

i did suppose to go to the store however i was able to make calls for a while& i even call the customer service just to make sure everything is okay..then after a few minutes arriving at my house i tried to call and again could not make a call..says radio path unavailable

Ok, then that means you're getting data context (and that your device is registering on blackberry).
    So, when you hit the send (green) button, then punch in a number and hit send (green) again, it says "Radio Path Unavailable"?
    Ohh...just thought of something else....go into options, mobile network - what does it say for preferred network?

i choose t mobile as my network & i choose mobile preferred

Ok...did the folks at T-Mobile support say why they wanted you to take it into the store? (sounds like maybe they didn't provision the sim properly). Either that or the SIM or the voice component's cooked in the blackberry.

they want me to go to t mobile store&have my sim card check..if its my sim card they gonna replace it w/o charge..the thing is it is a hassle for me coz im w/ my daughter&weather here is not good as of now but i need my cellphone activated..hopefully everything would be okay..

Ah, damn...not good. Do you have another old cell phone in the house? (if you put the sim in the old cell phone and the voice works, then there's likely a problem with the blackberry itself.

i tried it but still i could not received&make a call;/

thank you Ridicule for the help...this is a very supportive forum

Well, if you tried it in another phone, that just confirms the voice channel on the sim isn't working properly (nothing we can do about that here)
    Now...if you told the good folks at T-Mobile customer support that little bit of info, maybe they would courier one over to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast