This morning 10am+ in ATL I could not make any calls. All calls got a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

radio path unavailable?

Advertisement

This morning 10am+ in ATL I could not make any calls. All calls got a radio path unavailable. I even took the battery out and reboot it, and I was getting the same msg. Anyone encounter this??
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: radio path unavailable?

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo
    This morning 10am+ in ATL I could not make any calls. All calls got a radio path unavailable. I even took the battery out and reboot it, and I was getting the same msg. Anyone encounter this??
    Thats network issue. Meaning there were no channels available to make a call or the tower wasnt working properly
    BB8900 is mine!

vantive2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Starting early today i was unable to receive incoming calls on my blackberry (curve)
    Outgoing calls were fine (except voicemail, which failed every 2nd time and 611)
    Emails and SMSs were fine also.
    While making outgoing calls to VM it would give me the error RADIO PATH UNAVAILABLE when it would fail. Same error when dialing 611.
    Some outgoing calls would go through, and others would fail.

I called Tmobile blackberry support, and the tech walked me through different steps such as:
    Removing battery while the phone is still on, disabling my acc. on their end, and reactivating it. etc. next, he wanted to try another SIM card on my phone or my SIM card on another phone. Since I dont have another phone to try it, he suggested i drive to a local Tmobile store.

Before driving, i learned on this thread about the service provider having to do "...a complete stack data push to te network switch with all the device data..."

So I called t-mobile back. The guy i spoke to 2nd time said that basically my phone keeps hanging on for VOICE ONLY to a particular tower, and to fix it he had essentially RESET MY LOCATION on his end, and had me power cycled the blackberry (see above). After that was done, everything was fine.

I am now able to send/receive emails, txts, calls, etc.

Bottom line: ask your service provider to RESET YOUR LOCATION and then powercycle the phone.

D.
    Dmitry@tmo.blackberry.net