I was at the Alltel Downloads site and seen this download. I'm new at this ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dcg20572 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31CEA850

QuickLink Mobile Installer. Anyone heard of this?

Advertisement

I was at the Alltel Downloads site and seen this download. I'm new at this blackberry thing. Do I need this download? Thanks for any comments. Here is the site: software.alltel.com/software.aspx?deviceID=73&platformID=4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Dcg, You probably don't NEED that download. You can get everything that's on it elsewhere but getting it depends on what you have, etc.

Do you have a copy of the Desktop Manager? That's probably the main thing that a new user needs to have as well as needs to learn to use. If not, we can provide you with a download and install instructions for that. How about themes on your phones, etc. That download will provide the basics that Alltel issues with each of it's phones.

Post back what you have and, if you're aware of it, anything you might need.

Also, update your profile with device, carrier and location at least, and any other info you're comfortable putting out there.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-02-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    31CEA850
    I have a copy of the DM. The only issues I am having currently is with BB messenger and My Space. On the messenger all of my contacts stay on the pending list. On my space I keep getting a failure to communicate with myspace, but it seems to work ok. I was thinking of upgrading to 4.5 to see if that helps with any of my issues. I am currently running OS 4.3. I do not have anything added to my BB Curve at this time, no themes or anything. Thanks for your reply.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcg20572 View Post
    I have a copy of the DM. The only issues I am having currently is with BB messenger and My Space. On the messenger all of my contacts stay on the pending list. On my space I keep getting a failure to communicate with myspace, but it seems to work ok. I was thinking of upgrading to 4.5 to see if that helps with any of my issues. I am currently running OS 4.3. I do not have anything added to my BB Curve at this time, no themes or anything. Thanks for your reply.
    It won't hurt to download that and install it - I wouldn't fool with it unless you want to.

Do your BBM contacts that have been confirmed stay on the pending list. That usually happens because your "invitations" aren't accepted yet.

If you want to upgrade to 4.5 you can get the OS here and the upgrade instructions here.

Just be sure to take your time if you haven't upgraded before. It can take up to an hour and, at times, look like nothing is happening. DO NOT be impatient. Let the upgrade finish - it will tell you when it's through.

Also, what version of DM do you have? 4.6 (and before) is a good ones - 4.7 generally causes problems.

I can't help you with My Space but let's get you fixed up with the other stuff and maybe the upgrade will take card of some of the issues. You'll also get some themes with the upgrade. Also, you can get lots of themes free here - try this forum when you're ready.

Post back with your decisions and status.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    31CEA850

Upgrade

I will do the upgrade. I will post back when I complete the upgrade. I appreciate all of your help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The quick link mobile installer is used to connect mobile from your PC to the Internet. Basically I guess you could call it there tethering app. It has nothing to do with downloading or installing OS and so on. Unless you are going to us your BlackBerry as a modem there is no need to get this.