I am currently running the 8900 beta 5.0.0.314 os and have just currently bought Quicklaunch. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Quicklaunch SMS Someone Not Working On Beta 5.0.0.314

Advertisement

I am currently running the 8900 beta 5.0.0.314 os and have just currently bought Quicklaunch. I know, I know, I shoud've bought it a long time ago but I tend to procrastinate a lot and now I can't believe how I would live without Quicklaunch. My problem is that the new os has the option to decide which kinds of messages are in the main messages folder. The options are: Any of your email address and then sms/mms messages. I have tried all different combinations with the sms someone option in Quicklaunch but nothing happens when I click the shortcut. I tried the PIN, email, and phone someone options and those work fine. Has anyone else run into this problem and most importantly does anyone know of a solution. For now I am using qsms but I want to expediate the process since I only text a select few. I appreciate the help. I just hope I don't have to wait for an update to Quicklaunch so it can work correctly with os 5.0. Thanks.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    It looks like we're gonna need an update. Quicklaunch is spotty with that OS (I have that beta too). I use to be able to access it from any screen even if I were online n there are times (like rite now for instance) that don't let me access it unless I'm on the homescreen. As far as your problem, I'm guessing that's one of the problems associated with QL on 5.0. Maybe since this is still a beta version n not the official version, the official version mite be more compatible.

tonebones220 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine works fine in all areas . I did notice that my vviigo from app world would "not" run on this beta 314 however when I went to the crackberry version IT WORKS AS IT SHOULD . I dont know if that might help or not being different versions from different app stores...

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    An update is what I was afraid of. I'm gonna try a reinstall of the os and quicklaunch, maybe that'll solve my problem since I text a lot and really want to speed things up. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    I figured out what was happening. When I click on the sms someone quicklaunch I realized it does start an sms under the sms link but it does not take me there to start typing the message. For now the workaround is that I click sms someone, then click the messages link to start typing the sms text message. Best I can do for now but something is better than nothing. I'm just glad rumors are that 5.0 is right around the corner.