im at work and didnt have time to search the threads. but i created a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tluna3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    noneya

quick question about my curve

Advertisement

im at work and didnt have time to search the threads. but i created a ringtone and i have downloaded one, and everytime i set it as my default ringtone it will ring like that for one call. and after that call it will change back to the tmobile ringtone. is there anyway to fix this?

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: quick question about my curve

have you tried doing a battery pull to restart your phone? that usually fixes whatever minor issues/errors i have.

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

Does the same person call twice, and the ringer is different the second time? or does it ring one way for one person and another for everyone else. I set a custom ringer for a person, but for some reason, it wouldnt ring with it, it rang with the ringer I set up some other way, and it would use the tmo ringer for everyone else. I had to go in and tell it not to use active profile for the person I wanted the special ring for. This was under advanced options in profiles.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

you can set up exceptions in the advanced section of profiles...there you can set ringtones, text tones, e-mail tones, etc....hope this helps

PIN/ID
    noneya

i think its fine. now, but yes when someone would call me it would ring my ringtone that i made, then i would get another call right after and it would ring the tmobile ringtone. i dont know its wierd its like off and on with my phone right now. i went through advanced settings and changed all of it but it still doesnt work everytime. i dont know ill have to play around with it more. Thanks for the help guys.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

If you have my faves set up, each has their own individual ring tone for the myfaves contacts and must be adjusted through that portal as well.

PIN/ID
    noneya

ahhhhhh squeakr you are correct now that i think about it, those calls back to back were from my myfavs. seriously you just made my day. nice work squeakr!

I am glad I made someones day. I have been sick for the last few as well as both of my kids. I guess something positive is better than nothing. You gave the right clue though, I wouldn't have been able to help if you hadn't stated about the T-MO tune coming back, as that is not a standard tune and I noticed that it comes onto the decvice when the myfaves is loaded and is the default tune for all of the myfaves contacts. I don't really care for it so I made sure and changed it for all of my myfaves contacts.
    Glad it worked out for you.
    Last edited by squeakr; 11-16-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling errors

PIN/ID
    noneya

yeah i dont like the t-jingle tone, or any of the defaults so i made my own. plain and simple. but yes it worked for me i cant believe i didnt think of that! but yes thank you for your help and you and the kids get better.

Yeah, I prefer my own as well, although the co-workers might not agree, as when I ghet mail I have a soundbite from the Simpson's with Homer saying "OOOH the mailis here, the mail, the mail!!!" I goes off all day, they probably hate it as that means that usually something is down and the boss is not happy (I am a tech by trade).