Just wanted to clarify something about using wi-fi and hot spots. I didn't get any ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quick question about hot spots and wi-fi

Advertisement

Just wanted to clarify something about using wi-fi and hot spots. I didn't get any of the wi-fi add-ons to my plan but I do have the unlimited bb plan. Am I correct in thinking that I would still be able to connect to my 8320 to my wireless router at home (or any wireless network I have access to) and surf the net and make calls (though subtracted from my plan's minutes) without worrying about any extra costs? The H@H or other hot-spot plan is mostly for being able to have unlimited minutes while connected to a wireless network and connecting to t-mobile hot spots?

This was touched upon on another thread before but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for any help!

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Quick question about hot spots and wi-fi

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea that's right. You can make calls over wifi for better reception. The hs@h add on just make the calls unlimited, otherwise it just takes from your bucket of minutes, no hidden fees. And data at faster speeds.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Re: Quick question about hot spots and wi-fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajs3898
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yea that's right. You can make calls over wifi for better reception. The hs@h add on just make the calls unlimited, otherwise it just takes from your bucket of minutes, no hidden fees. And data at faster speeds.
    Great stuff! Thanks for answering all my questions! Gonna go set it up on my router now.