How do you view all your calls in your log? And how do you delete ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quick Question...

Advertisement

How do you view all your calls in your log? And how do you delete them.

I used to know how to do it but I completely forgot!

Thanks in advance!

-MATT

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Go into messages, then view folders. You can see your call logs at the bottom in there. Then you can delete whatever you want.
    EDIT: To delete them all, click your menu button starting at the date you want to delete from, then select "Delete Prior."
    Last edited by MotoUp; 04-01-2009 at 12:38 PM.

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Sure thing.

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Anothetr interesting feature is the device Log. Press down ALT LGLG and you should be able to view. This can be turned off as it is used primarly as a diagnostic tool and does consume some memory not much but it all adds up.
    Regards
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm not sure its actually turned off. Its hidden. It still logs, just doesn't show the results when you open the log.
    Check the top of the options, "hide".

PIN/ID
    Request
    If you go into the log menu and go to options...uncheck all of the populated boxes and save you should be set. Look back later and there should be nothing there. You can reinable if you need to diagnose a problem. You should still have your calls etc logged in the call log but all of the apps will not be logging in the background. Hope that works for you.
    Regards

They still log. You simply don't have them displayed. Look closely @ the options. If the box is checked it shows, if unchecked it simply doesn't show them, but they're still there.

If you doubt try this:
    Open log, options. Open the menu and choose to hide all types. Save.
    Now, if you go back to the log the screen is blank. However if you open the menu to clear as you normally would you get the option. Choose clear and close it.
    Run your berry for a bit. I dunno, message, post here, whatever.

Open your log. Its empty. Or is it? Go to its options and reverse what you did earlier, showing all logs. Go back to the log and guess what, everything you've done is now showing.

You can't turn this log off (well I guess by digging deep you may). It simply gives you the option of hiding events for diagnostic purposes. You aren't saving memory by hiding anything.

PIN/ID
    Request
    Make sure that show events option is still checked. Unckeck hide option then Uncheck the checked apps.etc under the checked show events
    Save and that will do it. I am trying to find the link to the doc guidance that one of the admins linked me to Months ago. Works on my BB.??? Hope you have the same result let me know if that resolves it.
    3egards

When you uncheck the different events, you are simply hiding them. You are not turning the OFF. It STILL logs the event.

You would hide/show different events for diagnostic/informational purposes. I've shown above that it still logs the events, thus occupying a (small) amount of memory.