Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dangit. I ordered one through eBay because I thought I could get it at the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tryplecrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Questions for OtterBox Defender users?

Advertisement

Dangit. I ordered one through eBay because I thought I could get it at the same price and faster since the seller's pretty close to me, and it turns out the yellow ones are not available right now (my ebay seller has them drop shipped from otterbox). I guess they said that the silicone parts were not in stock until later next week and I just looked on their site and sure enough, the yellow is unavailable. poop.

Man, this cheapo silicone sleeve I have on my 8310 is killing me. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to destroy the phone before the otterbox arrives... aaaaaaaaaagh!

tryplecrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by csxspecialagent View Post
    I have had my O/B about 2 weeks and i Love it. I use the screen protector. I cleaned the BB and placed a drop of water on my finger and took a credit card and pushed out all the air bubbles. This is by far the best case I have ever had for any phone.
    by the way, what did you mean when you said you "placed a drop of water on your finger"? Did it just make your finger slide easier across the case as you pushed out the bubbles? Just curious.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

Probably dropped water on the finger so it wouldn't grip and move the liner.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

Thanks for the video. I want to get the cover for my 8130.your video helped me decide. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

One more question about the screen protector on the Otterbox case. I find that the screen protector on my Fortte case (I brought it back after not using it for a long time) clings to the screen and makes the screen look dirty. Anyone else have this issue?

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

Just got mine for my 8130. I love it so far. The keys being covered by the membrane is nicer and the whole thing feels so solid it makes me feel like my berry is very safe. Only issue so far is that the magnet is not strong enough to put it to sleep. I know this is the case because if I add another magnet on the outside of the holster it does go to sleep. I am not sure if it is just an issue with my case or my berry, so I will wait to see what others have to say about this.

Others?

Eli

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ong-gia View Post
    Just got mine for my 8130. I love it so far. The keys being covered by the membrane is nicer and the whole thing feels so solid it makes me feel like my berry is very safe. Only issue so far is that the magnet is not strong enough to put it to sleep. I know this is the case because if I add another magnet on the outside of the holster it does go to sleep. I am not sure if it is just an issue with my case or my berry, so I will wait to see what others have to say about this.

Others?

Eli
    I have Fortte Open Face Cases for my 7100t and Pearl and they lack the ability to put them to sleep. This is how most open face cases are.

Sunshyn no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ong-gia View Post
    Only issue so far is that the magnet is not strong enough to put it to sleep. I know this is the case because if I add another magnet on the outside of the holster it does go to sleep. I am not sure if it is just an issue with my case or my berry, so I will wait to see what others have to say about this.
    No problems at all with the magnet working on my Otterbox. Are you sure you are putting it in the holster the right way? The screen of the BB is supposed to face inward.
    I'm not shy. I'm studying my prey.

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyn View Post
    No problems at all with the magnet working on my Otterbox. Are you sure you are putting it in the holster the right way? The screen of the BB is supposed to face inward.

Yeah, I am putting it facing inward. I now know for sure that it is an issue with the strength of the magnet--probably inside my BB. If I add a stronger magnet on the existing one it works like it is supposed to. Maybe my internal switch is a little under sensitive. It is vexing, but if it is unique to me I guess I will just have to rig something up like gluing an extra magnet on.

Anyone else having this problem? Don't think I should bother otterbox if it is not something that can be fixed by replacing the case.

update: I just glued a couple of thin rare earth magnets to the back of the holster and now it works great. I just have to remember to keep it away from my credit cards!

Eli
    Last edited by ong-gia; 03-01-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12