Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to PinStack here. I just got a new 8310 the other day and put ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tryplecrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Questions for OtterBox Defender users?

Advertisement

New to PinStack here. I just got a new 8310 the other day and put a cheapo silicone skin on it temporarily that I picked up on ebay. Didn't want to destroy it right out of the box especially since I already had to get a replacement since the first one like to restart itself every time I was on a call.

I'm totally interested in the OtterBox defender case but had a few questions for those of you that have one. I am a graphic designer but have a screen printing shop and am often out in the shop banging around so this case looks like the way to go.

Is the trackball easy to use with the keyboard cover on? (my cheap silicone case has a hole for the trackball but the case moves around and it's not easy to use)

Is the keyboard easy to use with the cover over it?

Does it affect anything like the speaker or mic volumes?

Where is the cheapest place to purchase one? ( I noticed some 20% off coupon codes for the otterbox website)

Thanks for the info!

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Questions for OtterBox Defender users?

Check out my video review...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WqPSJaZZrc

Great video! I know you said you don't use the keyboard/screen cover, but does it just have a hole in it for the trackball? Have you tried it?

bird2920 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did a review on this case not to long ago here on PinStack.

If I were at home I would look it up and post the link.

But overall it was good. Trackball a little on the difficult side to scroll up in a hurry.

Still a dang good case though.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and love it. Hinders the Curve in no way. All features are easily accessible and the sound quality is good with the case on. I don't use the inner-most silicone shield b/c it's a pain in the butt to get the bubbles out, but the rest of the case is awesome. It looks rugged and tough. Which is the way I want mine to look. I paid full price, but like you mentioned, I have seen some deals since I purchased mine. Best of luck in your purchase. You'll love it.

Lis

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

Just to give you a general feel of how good it is. I use the otterbox when I go snowboard...while I'm snowboarding. I can use the trackball just fine, and the keyboard I actually like better with the cover on. I just don't like it when I get it all greasy cause it feels funny and I make alot of typos. I'm pretty sure it affects speaker volumes, but I can still handle phone calls going down the mountain. I've checked my voicemail plenty of times. The silicone part covers the front and the back with cloth-like things for mic, ear, top, and ant. Basically the holes in the phone. The only part that isn't covered is the trackball. You might not like the feel of the trackball once you put it on, but it's something that you get easily used to.

I have no idea where you'd get a good deal though. I got mine off of amazon.

Thanks guys. I've done a lot of looking around and it looks like you have to go all the way through the purchase process on the otterbox site before finding out if your coupon code works or not. I found a code for 30% off but not sure if it works. But it looks like there are plenty on ebay going for $45 with free ship. So I'll probably go that route.

Thanks again for all of the input. I really appreciate it because it was all really helpful! Glad to be a new BB carrier and looking forward to being an otterbox carrier.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Where did you see the coupon at on the site? I didn't find it.

Just googled "otterbox coupon". Saw it on this page: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/otterbox.com

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I love otterbox's products, high quality and not made by cheap-labor in asia.

csxspecialagent no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had my O/B about 2 weeks and i Love it. I use the screen protector. I cleaned the BB and placed a drop of water on my finger and took a credit card and pushed out all the air bubbles. This is by far the best case I have ever had for any phone.

csxspecialagent no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone else use the clear cover?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

What I thought about was doing this. I WILL be ordering the case shortly. I want to use a case with and without the screen protector to be certain which option I will permanently use:

Install the clear cover that comes with the case.
    If I have issues, yank it off and order a ScreenGuardz pack for the Pearl. I loved these on my 7100t but had fits on my 7105t.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by csxspecialagent View Post
    Does anyone else use the clear cover?
    I use the OtterBox on both my 8310 and 8820. The clear screen cover works great on the 8820, however on the 8310 it takes a little adjusting to get it to fit the front part just right.
    The warranty is great, they replaced the clear cover once when that did not fix the problem they replaced the entire unit.
    They are not cheap, but beats having to replace the BlackBerry. One thing also they are not waterproof. Good luck.

fyerjunke no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Questions for OtterBox Defender users?

I use the OtterBox on my 8310 and love it. I did use the clear cover and am having no problems. Find no problems with use of the trackball. I did however cut of the plastic that went over the camera, as it made my pictures unclear. I also removed the covers over the microphone, ear piece, and speaker. Sometimes people were complaing that I sounded like I was in a cave. Since removing those few pieces everything had been fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast