finger... BlackBerry Curve forum

ashley_bc no está en línea Stack level 2

questions about new curve

Advertisement

finger
    Last edited by ashley_bc; 01-03-2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: merged posts

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: how to save content to card, not BB curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am pretty sure you can't save mail to a card. Would be cool though. Your best bet would be to do a daily back up on your pc.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: how to save content to card, not BB curve

~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Short battery life?

ashley...let's try to make one post with all of your questions in it makes it easier to keep all together and in one place

merging threads

ashley_bc no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: questions about new curve

general titles like that aren't very helpful to anyone. not helpful to me as i don't get the targeted knowledge source. not helpful to other members with genuine interest to help. those who know a particular subject, won't be able to help since there is nothing specific that calls their attention. not helpful to other newbies. not helpful to viewers.

and not helpful to google when indexing pages. not helpful to owners of this page in ranking in Google SERPs. the more targetted the page is, the more position in the SE. but with what you did, threads with specific titles from OTHER websites will get ranked. but not this site (pinstack) coz its got a poor ranking score with threads such as "questions about a new curve". its too generic. Google will put it in the supplemental index page. (hide it) and show the results from other forums that are actually helpful to millions of people searching for particular specific targeted information.

and finally, it doesn't help the advertisers. you are hurting the monetization campaign of the site.

but hey, whatever makes you happy. i'm just glad there are other 2 big forum websites to get help from.

this is one thread i won't save to view later on. too busy nowadays. sorry.
    Last edited by ashley_bc; 01-03-2008 at 02:59 AM.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

please check similiar threads above all of your original posts.
    try to keep all your questions in one place.

we were trying to help YOU.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by ashley_bc View Post
    general titles like that aren't very helpful to anyone. not helpful to me as i don't get the targeted knowledge source. not helpful to other members with geniuine interest to help. they don't see particular interest right away from the main page. not helpful to other newbies. not helpful to viewers.

not helpful to google when indexing pages. not helpful to owners of this page in ranking in Google SERPs. the more targetted the page is, the more position in the SE. but with what you did, threads with specific titles from OTHER website forums will get ranked. but not this site (pinstack) coz its got a poor ranking score with threads such as "questions about a new curve". too generic.

and finally, it doesn't help the advertisers. you are hurting the monetization campaign of the site...
    it is apparent you do not know how search works. Google does not index titles, they index pages. This has nothing to do with advertisers. It does not hurt other viewers because they do not search for an issue based on titles since the search page defaults to search the entire post. Also the titles have nothing to do with Google rankings, the hits do (which comes back to the indexing of entire pages not titles).

It is also apparent that you do not know how databases work. By creating several unnecessary threads it just creates more work for the database servers to work through. Before you rant, know what you are talking about. No one here is trying to put you down in ANY way... but really it does not HELP anything by creating 20 different threads of questions when it could all be asked once in one location, with a title as "new with a few questions"
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.