I did something really stupid a short while ago ... To free up memory, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NYC BELLA 86 xO no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Questions About Chinese Characters

Advertisement

I did something really stupid a short while ago ... To free up memory, I deleted the Chinese/Hong Kong characters that I didn't think were useful. Problem is, by deleting them, some special characters in e-mails, on BBM, AIM, etc. didn't show up. I downloaded the 4.5 software from Verizon's website onto my computer and loaded it on my BlackBerry via DM. I got back the characters, however when I do a clear daily log, they disappear yet again. I try over and over again to re-install them via DM, and occasionally it will work. But I noticed that whenever I'm in DM, no matter what I'm installing or uninstalling, it automatically says this:

Applications to be deleted:
    Chinese HongKong Rendering Support Library
    Chinese Simplified Rendering Support Library

... and yet, I don't delete them. So I guess my questions are: Why is it doing this? How can I install the Chinese characters and keep them? Any help is appreciated!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm assuming before you installed the 4.5 software you were on 4.3?

No I've been running on 4.5 since I got the Curve in January. This problem seems to be happening when I clear my daily log.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Have you considered doing a backup and restore on device manager and then do a wipe and then restore and seeing if that will fix the issue?

I haven't done that yet, but I did clear my log a couple times today and so far so good (knock on wood!). But if it occurs again, I am going to try your suggestion. Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~