I currently have 4.2 on my T-Mobile 8320.
I am looking to upgrade to 4.5
Can someone here provide the latest 4.5 link?
Does the update let me record videos too?
What is the difference between 4.2 and 4.5 and if there's anything else that I need to know before I upgrade?
Thanks in advance!
"Wealth Is Hidden From Those Who Must Do It All Themselves, Wealth Exposes Itself to Those Patient Enough to Train Others."
Not to encourage the new thread, but because the other one is so long and it takes a while to sift through it, here are my comments.
- Yes, video works great. Just like the camera, you can email it immediately or save to card.
- The new browser is far superior, providing a more Opera-like experience with a cursor and whole page view.
- There is a voice recorder.
- Full HTML email with BIS after sending service books and registering the Host Routing Table.
- The upgrade from 4.2 on T-Mo worked seamlessly for me. i just had to accept license terms again for things like Google Maps and Viigo. VLingo required re-setup. My theme was intact and icons were in the same places, except for the new programs added. I also had to plug wap.voicestream.com in the APN again.
- UMA worked perfectly on Wi-Fi allowing my to continue using my T-Mo @Home plan.
Hmmmm...mine Was Ok....until My Battery Began To Drain Drastically!!!! If Im On A 5 Minute Phone Call, Goes Dead
Odd. I did not experience and difference in battery life. I upgraded two days ago and have not charged it since. I have 35% battery after a lot of calls and internet use.
Hope you figure out what is causing the drain, because 4.5.52 is definitely worth a try, even if just for HTML emails.
sorry fo rthe ignorance...
im new here but y'all talking about the orange right?
i got 4.2.2 as well would it be a good to upgrade at this poiint?
i rather get a better OS...
I just bought tha sucka about a week ago and just gettin used to it but i would like something a little more cutting edge..
let me know
by the way i just signed up today to this website and i love it!!!
Im gonnagive 4.5 a whirl myself. I will let you know afterwards.
Yes, 4.5.52 Orange UK. Apparently there is a 4.5.55 Beta, but .52 is the latest actually in use by a carrier. It seems stable to me, however you have probably read some of the issues other have had - most importantly the formatting of the SD card. I did not have to do this, as my device did not have the reset problems.
Any yes, I want a Gyro.
Last edited by szumlanski; 07-30-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Wanted a Gyro.
sike lol after dl'ng 4.5 from RIM i will have no beef with them by sharing my info from FL and dl'ing stuff from UK, please advice....
Um. Ok. I dont know if this is a dumb question but do i download straight from my BB browser?
Here are instructions on how to install a new OS:
Gyros? Anyone? xtra sauce? More feta? Gonna cost ya!!!
Theres this great hot dog stand over by me and they have a wicked gyros. its to die for....literally.