This is probably a dumb question, but here goes anyhow:I've seen several posts about running ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wanska13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30595C68

Question re: different OS

Advertisement

This is probably a dumb question, but here goes anyhow:I've seen several posts about running different OS. I am with AT&T and am running their most recent version (4.2.2.89) - can I run a different OS from a different carrier (ie _ the most recent post about the new OS from TMo in Germany) and if I can - why would I? Are there any differences/benefits that make it worthwhile?Again, sorry if this a noob question - but I'm stumped. Thanks!

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Question re: different OS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ofcourse u can run another os.we all do.the newer os's hv fewer bugs and other small improvements.so I would advice u to upgrade.just download the new os.install it on your comp,delete the vendor.xml and load it on to ur phone. While u are doing it you might as well unlock the vendor themes.if all this sounds too confusing just do a search and you will find detailed threads with step by step instructions..
    Go ahead take the plunge and you'll hv a faster,bugfree phone

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Question re: different OS

Yup, as stated above by superdad, just delete the vendor file and you should be fine.. you can also unlock all the themes if you like.