I have a blackberry curve and i absolutely love it. However i do not have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JWilliamson89 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about Opera Mini 4 and apps without data plan

Advertisement

I have a blackberry curve and i absolutely love it. However i do not have a data plan. I want to install opera mini on it, but when i install it says it is trying to access a network connection. does that mean it is trying to use data and not wifi? how do i make it just use wifi? also, what apps can i download that wont use data either, but the wifi instead? thanks.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    a lot of apps may not work over the wifi only. All you can really do is turn the wireless connections off and leave on the wifi on and see what happens.

With an app like opera be careful, it will get you billed data.

My advice - get an unlimited BB data plan.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hapishyguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247FA126
    If you get that message it means Opera is trying to connect to the internet but will not be able to connect if you do not have the data plan no matter what. In blackberry data plans there is no payPerKB plan. Its only unlimited or no not at all.

blue_berries no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    If you get that message it means Opera is trying to connect to the internet but will not be able to connect if you do not have the data plan no matter what. In blackberry data plans there is no payPerKB plan. Its only unlimited or no not at all.
    is there any way to use WiFi only without signing up for blackberry data plans??