I'm having a problem w/reception in the building in which I work-specifically the bathroom(in which,my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

knightstar no está en línea Stack level 2

question concerning reception

Advertisement

I'm having a problem w/reception in the building in which I work-specifically the bathroom(in which,my signal is lost altogather).I was wondering if someone could recommend & point me to a proven,reliable and 'mobile' antenna-mabey like those reception strips or something small enough to fit into a pocket.Thank You.

P.S:I'm skeptical about those reception strips and I havnt seen anything small enough to fit into a pocket.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: question concerning reception

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The paper strips are cr*p. I also don't recommend any paper strips you might find in the bathroom.

Perhaps you could consider the bathroom the one place where you don't touch your blackberry. Although I do have reception there I choose to stay away from it until after I've washed.

That's a ludicrous response,are you trying to be funny?My work has a strict policy about using a cell phone.Although often times I like to check messages,low to no reception in the building has lead me to create this thread--Can anybody else please help.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

The 8100 is known to have poor reception.
    The 8300 series is widely.. well I think widely.. known to have stellar reception.
    Best reception of any phone I've ever had or seen.

Not on my 8100,I'm on my 8320-but I get the same degree of reception on both phones.I'm T-mobile.

josh.jude no está en línea Stack level 2

ok many questions here:
    Does your service begin to deplete as youre walking to the bathroom?
    Is there any windows in the bathroom?
    stalls metal?
    What floor is the bathroom on?
    service provider?

A lot of things can contribute to reception problems....as a former employee of cingular/at&t, these are serious questions to determine the issue

No,but service is poor throughout the building,There are no windows.Both the bathroom door and stall doors are metal.Bathrooms' on first floor.Service provider is T-mo.Some people 'do' get reception while others like me,do not.I had the same problem w/my old razor,so I've always assumed it was T-mos' fault.However I've seen those reception strips getting mixed reviews,and I've also seen some external antennas, but they were all to large to be mobile.I'm just curious as to stackers opinions on how to handle this.Like something I don't know.

PIN/ID
    242A9091

You have the 8320 so you can scan for wifi and hope to find one that is unlocked.
    Other than that all you can do is find another hiding spot.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

your issue is because you're in a bathroom especially a bathroom on the first floor...you're pretty much inside a huge faraday cage created by the pipes and all the metal running around that bathroom...same happens to me when i enter my walk-in freezer or refridgerator @ work because they are huge metal boxes and have great insulation...sucks for you and your 8100

also the 8320 doesn't have better reception than the 8100 it all just depends on every possible circumstance that can affect a phones reception like josh.jude said...was just on a trip in florida staying at a beach house where reception is poor...everytime i wanted service i had to step outside and wait a minute for service to come back whereas my brother's 8100 had at least 1 bar of EDGE the whole time inside the house...hope all this helps

tj2311111 Guest

I use the ghetto method to boost my reception. I put a small square piece of tin foil on top of the battery, between the battery and battery door. It actually works for me, places I would get no bars I get 1-2 bars now, where I get 1 bars now its 2 bars and etc. I saw this tip here on Pinstacks awhile ago.

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone else tried the tin foil trick? Does it work??
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242A9091

Tried it and I haven't seen any noticeable difference.
    I work way out at the fringes of civilization and any increase would surely be noticed... but nothing.