this is crazy ! i recently bought my Blackberry Curve on eBay. it is locked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rubuntu no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Question Cannot unlcok my AT&T Blackberry Curve!

Advertisement

this is crazy ! i recently bought my Blackberry Curve on eBay. it is locked to AT&T. even though it wasn't in original packaging the phone was new (plastic on the screen and everything). anyways, since then i have been trying to unlock it with about 5 different firms with reputable feedback but no one was able to unlock it. i start to suspect that there might be some lock which cannot be unlocked or something. did anyone have the same problem? can you share some tips.

any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! thank you!!!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Question Cannot unlcok my AT&T Blackberry Curve!

Have you tried http://www.gsmphonesource.com ?
    They claim to be able to do it for the Curve locked to AT&T. What kind of answers are you getting from unlocking firms? They just say they can't do it, or did you actually get an unlock code and it isn't working when entered?

thank you for such a quick reply! gsmsource could not find unlock code either. they offered me another option to unlock it through RIM it costs $50 and takes 7 days. the thing is that i called to RIM to inquire about that a little more. customer service rep told me that firstly, they don't offer unlocking for blackberrys and secondly, he was not able to find this blackberry on their system. then just in case, he checked other system and found it with the status showing that it supposed to be in their warehouse waiting to be replaced for some other broken blackberry.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

The easiest thing to do is give the IMEI to a freind with AT&T service, have them call cust service and get the unlock code that way...thats the only sure fire way to get the correct code.
    If you want, PM me the IMEA and I'll see what I can do....

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by rubuntu
    thank you for such a quick reply! gsmsource could not find unlock code either. they offered me another option to unlock it through RIM it costs $50 and takes 7 days. the thing is that i called to RIM to inquire about that a little more. customer service rep told me that firstly, they don't offer unlocking for blackberrys and secondly, he was not able to find this blackberry on their system. then just in case, he checked other system and found it with the status showing that it supposed to be in their warehouse waiting to be replaced for some other broken blackberry.
    there-in lies the reason I NEVER buy from E-bay...and no, RIM never gives out unlock codes to customers. Those codes are only available to carriers and websites that specialize in unlocking devices.

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    The easiest thing to do is give the IMEI to a freind with AT&T service, have them call cust service and get the unlock code that way...thats the only sure fire way to get the correct code.
    If you want, PM me the IMEA and I'll see what I can do....
    that would be very nice of you if you can looking to it...i don't have much friends who got service from AT&T i live in Australia . i will PM you a littler with the IMEI. thank you so much by the way!
    Last edited by rubuntu; 08-14-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    there-in lies the reason I NEVER buy from E-bay...and no, RIM never gives out unlock codes to customers. Those codes are only available to carriers and websites that specialize in unlocking devices.
    yah, i guess you are right! but i wanted to get that blackberry so much that i stopped thinking rationally.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

no worries mate, no worries ;-)

teri206 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

LOL! I agree with jedd206... RIM has all of its codes on "lockdown" that there is no way of obtaining any helpful info to unlock ur phone... Even if u do go through AT&T, u have to literally pass a series and questions and they investigate everything!! Ur best bet is to have someone with ATT service, make sure they have a history of traveling international while using ATT service... Otherwise, they won't do it for u! BE CAREFUL though, they also try to sell u international rates (for using ur phone overseas) and try to say that it is necessary to unlock ur phone... ITS NOT!!! LIES! ALL LIES!!! Just say NO!

PS- I'm married to jedd206!!.. No joke

wako no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by teri206
    I agree with jedd206...

PS- I'm married to jedd206!!.. No joke

then your opinion and thoughts are biased then!

jk

I thought AT&T wont give you unlock codes if you arent a customer with them.

thank you guys for your replies. the best way to learn is through people like you i hope that everything turns out ok. i was supposed to be using this blackberry a month ago. jedd206 and teri206 are these your kids on the photo?