I am trying to upgrade so I will have the video capabilities. My desktop software ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rubykate no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about upgrade

Advertisement

I am trying to upgrade so I will have the video capabilities. My desktop software says I have v 4.6. I've connected my phone to the computer and did the application loader but my phone still says it is v4.2.2.170.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    4.6 is your desktop Manager version. To upgrade your device you will have to download whatever the newest OS is for your device. You can look here to find it. Then you will need to download and install it to your PC for it to be noticed and installed to your BB. You can also try going here and try to see if the web updater will update your software for you.

You might also want to concider updateing your profile by going to My Tools in the upper right of your screen and adding what device and OS you are using as well as your carrier. That will help others better help you and answer your questions.

ScSpeedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3034c66d
    That is just ur.DM software u have to get the software for the 4.5 relase for ur phone dependinfg on what phone u have. U can google the upgrade 4.5.X.X.77 or check ur service provide if they have release it yet. Hopes that is helpful
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EthanCole Guest
    I just did my first upgrade for my vzw curve and one thing I haven't seen when some one explains the whole OS Download is that the Desktop Manager does not find the new OS when you connect the blackberry until go through the set up wizard for the OSwhen you click on the icon on your PC's home screen. This is just something that I wanted to post just in case someone was wondering the same thing I was when I upgraded for the first time

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by PTR View Post
    I just did my first upgrade for my vzw curve and one thing I haven't seen when some one explains the whole OS Download is that the Desktop Manager does not find the new OS when you connect the blackberry until go through the set up wizard for the OSwhen you click on the icon on your PC's home screen. This is just something that I wanted to post just in case someone was wondering the same thing I was when I upgraded for the first time
    Correct after you download the file you have to run it to have it installed to your PC.