I'm getting ready to unlock the vendor themes as discussed in other threads, but had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

smurray no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about unlocking vendor themes

Advertisement

I'm getting ready to unlock the vendor themes as discussed in other threads, but had a question first. I noticed under the section for t-mobile, it not only has their vendor themes but also some file that appears to be related to t-mobiles fav five thing. Do I need to worry at all about that? Basically my concern is that when I change the vendor code to unlock t-mobiles theme I'll also be unlocking that file as well. not sure what effect it will have on my AT&T curve.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Question about unlocking vendor themes

Not sure which tutorial and OS upgrade you are looking at, but as long as you use the .alx file given in the tutorial you should have no problem.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

The tutorial I was looking at was the one where you manually go into the blackberry.alx file and change the vendor codes. I didn't try using the pre-edited alx file.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Well from looking at your profile I can't see what OS you are running so I'm going to assume you are on the one that came with your Curve O2 for TMO unlocked. Best bet would be to use the pre-edited .alx file for TMO. If you can't find this file let me know and I can try to get it for you, although it should be posted up somewhere.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Sorry, I haven't updated my profile. Allow me to better explain what exactly it is I meant. I currently have an AT&T Curve with AT&T service. I would like to unlock the other vedor's themes. After looking through the blackberry.alx file that is supposed to be edited, I noticed that the T-Mobile section has an extra file other than the vendor's theme. It also includes something that appears to have to do with their fav five program. By editing the vendor code I think I would not only be unlocking T-Mobile's theme, but also whatever that other file does. I'm worried it will have some ill effect on my Curve since it's an AT&T Curve and my service is AT&T.