Hello, I have several different Blackberries. My question is that will Tmobile know which one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

WRC1045 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about Tmobile, SIM cards, phone sn

Advertisement

Hello,
    I have several different Blackberries. My question is that will Tmobile know which one I am using and when? Will it affect my rate plan to keep swapping sim cards back and forth. Also if I had one of these lost or stolen can someone else just pop in a valid sim and use my phone. Just wondering because I really hate to lock them and use the password every time. Thanks for your time.
    8100 and 8320
    Tmobile

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Question about Tmobile, SIM cards, phone sn

Switching SIMs is a pain in the butt. You will only be able to use data on one phone since it's registered with the PIN and IMEI. Unless you want to switch that all the time. That's what I have been lead to believe.

If lost or stolen they can use any valid SIM and it will work in the phone. Also the password lock only protects your information not the phone itself. So once they input the password enough to wipe it then the phone is usable.

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

t-mobile will know which blackberry you are using and when, but won't do anything about it. the plan is registered to your sim, not your pin and imei. it is a pain to reregister some of your info, but, as a t-mobile rep, i try out the new demos with my sim sometimes, and the data works fine in them. my brother's wife changes phones like shoes, depending on mood and to match what she's wearing. now if you have the bes service through your company instead of the bis service, you would have to talk to your server dude (or dudette) because that info does go through the pin. if your bby is stolen, you can suspend your sim and you won't be charged for any calls or services they use if they put in a new sim. a cool thing about the bes server is that you can have your company totally lock up the blackberry through the pin and it will be useless to the jerk who took it, no matter what he (or she) tries. serves them right!

Hatebreeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by WRC1045
    Hello,
    I have several different Blackberries. My question is that will Tmobile know which one I am using and when? Will it affect my rate plan to keep swapping sim cards back and forth. Also if I had one of these lost or stolen can someone else just pop in a valid sim and use my phone. Just wondering because I really hate to lock them and use the password every time. Thanks for your time.
    Tmobile will know within 1 day of you using whatever phone you swap your sim into. They have a tool that shows what phones your using and the date range used. It will not affect your rate plan, the only thing to keep in mind is, if you go from a bb to say a Sidekick or windows mobile phone your internet may not fully work with a bb ftr attached to your account. Yes somone can use your phone with another sim if its not locked. The only thing that happens is when you suspend your account for lost/stolen, it suspends the sim, somone could just use your phone with another sim, especially if they had a charger that fit that phone.

lhurtado no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi, here in Chile all carriers must have a service to block a cellphone via its IMEI. So if your phone is stolen, you can block it. Dont know about your carrier, but it can be done...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

u can switch pin and IMEI yourself through my.t-mobile.com. it wont affect your rate plan, but does effect things such as insurance if u have it.

Hatebreeder no está en línea Stack level 2

insurance will cover whatever phone your sim was last in assuming your insurance plan is the $5.99 a month with tmo.

HaTaX no está en línea Stack level 1

WRC1045, have a question for you on an old thread:

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/149020-post13.html

You posted that a programmer at your company was able to change it so you had no shutter sound when using the camera. I can go into the file that controls the camera and find the embedded MIDI file inside of it, I even changed the midi so that the file just creates no sound.

With any of these changes the biggest hurdle is to get the file back on the BB.. In other words, the BB complains that the file's digital signature has been broken so it will not accept the new program. Could you make an inquiry to your programmer what method he used to place the file back on the berry or how he approached the problem?

Sorry to ask it here, but I wanted to check to see if you were still active around here and I came across this recent thread.

Thanks in advance!

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tmobile will know. I used Craigslist to get a pearl and they knew that I wasn't using a 7105t when I called customer service

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

here's the answer to the first question. Simply insert the sim and turn on the radio Then go to advanced options and then Host Routing Table. hit menu then register. Once Tmo sends the registartion message just sign in to tmobile.com and go to setup blackberry email. It will have a message there for you your phone is registered for t PIN # --------. Do you want to switch to this PIN #------- ? Say yes. Then from the same screen..send new service books to your phone and youre all set. I do it sometimes too. Enjoy