I've had the pearl for sometime now and i recently got a curve. i was ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nikkotheone no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Question about the curve

Advertisement

I've had the pearl for sometime now and i recently got a curve. i was wondering if anyone know of a way to lock the keypad on the curve without having to go into the menu screen each and everytime. the pearl was able to lock by just holding * key for a few seconds and also set to vibrate by pressing on # key. does the curve have this kind of function?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can set the Curve to lock by setting the Security Lock to lock after a certain amount of time. This requires setting up a password you have to enter when you want to unlock it.

Not sure about how to make it vibrate usingt he # but I have always used the Sound Profiles (icon of a horn) to change my sounds.

nikkotheone no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkotheone View Post
    I've had the pearl for sometime now and i recently got a curve. i was wondering if anyone know of a way to lock the keypad on the curve without having to go into the menu screen each and everytime. the pearl was able to lock by just holding * key for a few seconds and also set to vibrate by pressing on # key. does the curve have this kind of function?
    You could also go into Options>Screen/Keyboard and then change one of the convenience keys to open the locking function.

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    I prefer, instead of locking it, to put it into standby. Push and hold the mute button on the top for a couple of seconds. You will just need to press the Mute button again to "un-standby" it. It seems to make the battery last a bit longer, too. You still receive calls and messages this way and it will auto come out of standby when you get a call. It's very elegant how it works.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i agree with fergiej, its so easy to lock and unlock, rather than having to press a series of buttons, simply tap the mute button and your ready to go!

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    The mute key its your best choice. On my curve i have the left convenience key set to lock the keyboard, but it doesnt save battery like the mute key.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DOOG9517 no está en línea Stack level 3
    With the dial from home turned off, press the "K".