I have a BlackBerry Curve, which I absolutely love. Probably one of the best devices ... BlackBerry Curve forum

greggov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24047dae

Question question about returning the curve

Advertisement

I have a BlackBerry Curve, which I absolutely love. Probably one of the best devices I've owned in terms of combined functionality, size, weight, screen, etc... My first curve was good, except it wouldn't sync any of my calender entries, so I returned it (before I knew it was a known issue with the OS or service books). The second unit had some build quality problems (more than a normal amount of play/squeak in the right side rail) and it would reset itself randomly when visting random websites. Now i'm on my third, which has been tight as a drum until recently (the plate where it says at&t is somewhat loose) but more importantly, I have gotten the "app error 523" a few times and had to restore some things.

When I returned the 2nd for the 3rd, the rep said that only one device exchange was allowed in the 30 day period, but he was nice and allowed me to exchange it again. I would like to exchange this one as well. I paid full retail for this ($449 plus crazy NY state tax) so I think I should be allowed to exchange devices until I find a device that works. No one likes a near $500 paperweight, or something that is unreliable and resets itself at random times.

So, do I try my luck again and return it? or wait until after 30 days and try for a warranty exchange? I frequently read blackberryforums.com, and it seems that some initial problems in terms of build quality have been resolved. I love the device and would like to stay with it. So what do I do?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Re: question about returning the curve

Honestly, as a rep for at&t. I would return it for you again. The problems your having are obviously not your fault, but a manufacturer error. Try it agian, the worst that could happen is you'll get told no...
    Cingular is now the new at&t

PIN/ID
    24047dae

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't happen to work in the North Jersey area, would you? :-)

I must admidt that I hold my devices to high standards.I baby my blackberrys so I know its not my fault. I still have that plastic shield on the screen until my invisible shield gets here.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Nah, other side of the country, Washington State. And I know what you mean, my blackberry is my life...it has everything on it. I baby mine so much its disturbing to almost everybody I know. One thing you can do is check for some obvious flaws before you leave the store too...that should help a bit!
    Cingular is now the new at&t

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Greg... if you have the receipt... make your way to the store bro...

Otherwise you can return it and purchase from another store... that, they do not want! Customer satisfaction is a big deal and should always be the priority. You are well within reason to take that baby back til it's right..

Best wishes

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    24047dae

I appreciate the reassurance! I think I shall try my luck at returning it tomorrow. Luckily, there are a few corporate stores around me.

Thanks again

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you bet... Good luck!

PIN/ID
    24047dae

Update:
    This morning I returned the Curve without much hassle. The sales rep, who was very nice, informed me that at&t only allows 1 return within the 30 days. He said he would do it for me anyway for me since he had not heard of many problems with them.

This one is made in Canada and seems pretty solid. There is a very small amount of play in the right side rail, but it would not be noticeable if i was not looking for it and I was not so obsessive about things. I can tolerate this. So far so good as I'm restoring everything to the new one.

Thanks for the input guys.