I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I have learned a lot from this ... BlackBerry Curve forum

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2

question about phonebook entry

Advertisement

I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I have learned a lot from this site,however this is the first time posting a question.is it possible to change the way a number is saved in my phonebook when entered? Ie:when I add a new number to phone book it always saves as work number and I would like to change that setting if possible to always save as moble number. I have a 8330 with verizon.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    On my BB when adding a new address I simply scroll down to the Mobile field and type in the number.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i have wondered this too.i think what fireman is saying is when he clicks on a recent number and adds it to the addy book it automatically saves it to work number.then i have to go to that entry,edit and change the number to mobile number.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have never found a way to edit my preferences there either. So, when I want to add a number from my call log to my address book, from the menu I select "Copy 4805551234" then instead of Add To Address Book, I scroll up to Call From Address Book and then once in the Address Book I select New Address then and Paste the number to mobile etc.

Or, you could choose Copy number from the call log, then select Add To Address book, once there, paste the number to Mobile and delete the duplicate on the Work line.

But, being able to edit a preference for that and avoid the extra steps would be nice.
    Last edited by azstar; 08-24-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    No way that i have heard of either to cahnge the default "add to address book" number. It automatically saves to the Work field
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

BabyBrwneyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well What I Do Is When I Enter A Number I Just Scroll To Mobile..but When I Did A Number Transfer It Saved Every Mobile Number As A Work Number( And I Have Alot Of Contact) So I Just Left It As Is..i Dont Have Time To Be Doing All That Copy And Paste..just As Long As The Number Show Up Im Fine..

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBrwneyez View Post
    Well What I Do Is When I Enter A Number I Just Scroll To Mobile..but When I Did A Number Transfer It Saved Every Mobile Number As A Work Number( And I Have Alot Of Contact) So I Just Left It As Is..i Dont Have Time To Be Doing All That Copy And Paste..just As Long As The Number Show Up Im Fine..
    just a suggestion,if you want to change them and you sync with outlook,it would be a lot quicker to do it in outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    just a suggestion,if you want to change them and you sync with outlook,it would be a lot quicker to do it in outlook.
    YES THAT I KNOW..I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME TO SIT AND DO THAT...AND I DO NOT LIKE TO USE MY OUTLOOK..I LIKE TO KEEP MY OUTLOOK AND BB SEPERATE..I GUESS IM A BIT PICKY..LOL..BUT IM JUST FINE..I GOTTA KEEP ON THE GO...LOL THATS WHY I LOVE THIS PHONE..

PIN/ID
    wut?
    OK NO PROBLEM

Lol Sorry!! Just Really Busy Where Im At!!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I usually only have 1 # per contact anyways but if 1 of my contacts have more then 1 ill go through and copy and paste them and take the extra minute to get them right.

And I too have never found a way to change the default location off work.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess I was very slow.. It was a quick answer .. I just didn't get it in time. Good luck with that. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you to all that responded .if I figure it out I will be sure to share.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~