I just recently got a memory card, 2gb, and i've been putting music, and pictures ... BlackBerry Curve forum

enycezbigd no está en línea Stack level 1

*question about memory card?

Advertisement

I just recently got a memory card, 2gb, and i've been putting music, and pictures on my blackberry and im wondering, what exactly is the "mass storage mode" and do i need to put it on? I have no clue what it is, and even after putting a couple of songs and pictures the status of memory is still at 1.8 gb, just wonderng is there a default amount of memory for songs and pictures on the phone?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Mass Storage Mode is when your computer reads your SD card as a drive. If you would like to click and drag your songs to the music folder on your SD card then yes leave storage mode on. The reason why your BB still reads 1.8 is because it hasn't used up that much memory to change.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    If you would like a more accurate read of your memory card and its capacity, connect your Blackberry with mass storage enabled to your PC, and in My Computer(assuming your using windows) you will see a new drive folder. If you're in vista it should say Removable Disk (*. Right click on it and go to Properties, and once selected you will see a new window popup telling you its capacity, and your available free space!.. along with some other information.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by krikor222 View Post
    If you would like a more accurate read of your memory card and its capacity, connect your Blackberry with mass storage enabled to your PC, and in My Computer(assuming your using windows) you will see a new drive folder. If you're in vista it should say Removable Disk (*. Right click on it and go to Properties, and once selected you will see a new window popup telling you its capacity, and your available free space!.. along with some other information.
    What he^^^ said.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Mine wasn't clear?

He put it into details, but mine was understandable right? Lol

Well said though.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Mine wasn't clear?

He put it into details, but mine was understandable right? Lol

Well said though.

---

--HeavyC.

Y'all were both right. I'm just trying to get my post count up.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    the default amount on the phone is listed...go to options-->status then look under file free...that's how many bytes you have left on your device memory...to see how much actual free space you have on your media card go to options-->media card and look at total/free space...however to get a more accurate reading of free space on your media card follow krikor222's instructions...hope this helps