Hey Guys, Quick question... when my blackberry is locked and i get a call, it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

diginet no está en línea Stack level 2

question about getting a call while locked...

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

Quick question... when my blackberry is locked and i get a call, it doesn't display the caller id name. Just the number and not the contact's name. Is there a way so that even when the phone is locked it will display the contact name?

Thansks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: question about getting a call while locked...

Do you have the Content Protection under Security Options Enabled? If you do you can disable that or just not included the Address Book and then you should be fine. That should help.

Just to help us out to, just take a little time to fill out your profile. Your BB, OS Version, etc. It helps us out a lot. Thanks!

diginet no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Wow thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked. I removed the address book security. I left the the security content protection though. Does this mean that my adress is no longer encrypted? Thanks again for your help. I'll be sure to update my profile when I get to a computer.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, it means your address book isn't encrypted when your phone is locked. Unless you're from a super high security corporation or work for the government then it really isn't needed. I don't think anyone is trying to steal your phone numbers. Well, I know that no one wants mine.