Does the curves browser have any advantages over the pearls browser besides screen size? I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mbmlsx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about curve's browser?

Advertisement

Does the curves browser have any advantages over the pearls browser besides screen size? I have an 8100 with Tmobile now but I am stuck between getting the 8320 or get the 8120 when it comes out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    don't think there will be visible differences. if you have an updated OS on your pearl, you will be able to use 'desktop' view, which is about the ONLY update to the bb browser that i can think of...

mbmlsx no está en línea Stack level 1
    So pretty much just the obvious differences.. I also have the most updated OS aswell. Tuff decision.

My next question would be your honest opinion to whether or not Wi-fi speeds are that much faster than edge? I saw a comparision on Boy Genius showing that wi-fi speeds were not much faster than edge, which threw me off a bit. Thanx in advance.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think that wifi speeds are much faster than that of, the blackberry speeds. When I am at home, I strictly use wifi, it's just so much more efficient.

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think the delay they were talking about is running the javascripts embedded in webpages, which I think is processor based. I did a test on wifi/edge on downloading and surfing.

While surfing wifi, the images are crystal clear, edge will tone down image quality. Wifi loads in seconds. Edge takes upwards of 10 to begin loading.

Downloading videos from Blueapple by wifi was anywhere from 80-150k/s. Yeah. Edge was abotu 4-10k/sec. <== Dialup anyone?

avmsam no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmlsx View Post
    So pretty much just the obvious differences.. I also have the most updated OS aswell. Tuff decision.

My next question would be your honest opinion to whether or not Wi-fi speeds are that much faster than edge? I saw a comparision on Boy Genius showing that wi-fi speeds were not much faster than edge, which threw me off a bit. Thanx in advance.
    forget about the boygenius report. wifi works dam well for me. and if u look on the comments below the boygenius video report, u'll see lots of other people saying the same.

avmsam no está en línea Stack level 1
    about decision between 8120 and 8320.. umm really its just wether u want a full keyboard and bigger screen or not. i personally cannot live with a pearl, its curve or nottin but thats just me.